Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 20 Limited. Hooked up phone and wired headset. CarPlay starts then stops repeatedly for a few minutes then it settles in and works fine until I stop, then the whole thing starts over again. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just got a 20 Limited. Hooked up phone and wired headset. CarPlay starts then stops repeatedly for a few minutes then it settles in and works fine until I stop, then the whole thing starts over again. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

I’m having the same problem with the wireless setup!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
I dont know much about it, I'm planning on buying a 2020 Limited in the spring. From the little I've read on here about Carplay, it seems the WHIM, or lack thereof, could be your problem. I've also read that the dealer can flash your radio to enable the WHIM without actually installing it.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Suggestions: Make sure you have the latest software download to the infotainment center.

I have the W.H.I.M/use wireless and not had any problems on my 2020 RGS.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Not sure if this will help... if its cutting off, you may have your VOX on or the sensativity set too high...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont know much about it, I'm planning on buying a 2020 Limited in the spring. From the little I've read on here about Carplay, it seems the WHIM, or lack thereof, could be your problem.

I don't know much about it either but my understanding is if you use the wired headset you don't need the WHIM.

The cable connection was my first thought but it all seemed to be connected correctly. I did talk to someone at the dealer today who said try a different cable from the phone to the usb. He said he had issues when using an aftermarket lightning cable. Going to try this over the weekend.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure if this will help... if its cutting off, you may have your VOX on or the sensativity set too high...

I would try this if I had some idea what the VOX is. I'm guessing its for the mic? This is probably obvious but I'm not he most tech savvy guy.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I dont know much about it, I'm planning on buying a 2020 Limited in the spring. From the little I've read on here about Carplay, it seems the WHIM, or lack thereof, could be your problem.

I don't know much about it either but my understanding is if you use the wired headset you don't need the WHIM.

The cable connection was my first thought but it all seemed to be connected correctly. I did talk to someone at the dealer today who said try a different cable from the phone to the usb. He said he had issues when using an aftermarket lightning cable. Going to try this over the weekend.
Next time it happens just give the end of the cord plugged into your helmet a push. Like I said mine does it every so often. Mostly when I take the helmet off and not unplugging it from the bike. When a lightning cable is on the frits it will usually charge but not transfer data at all.

·
Registered
342 Posts

I’m having the same problem with the wireless setup!!

Makes two of us.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got out for a little bit today. I used a brand new Apple USB cord and triple checked my connections on both ends of the cord. It worked much better today. Only cut out one time and that was when I turned my head to the left and the cord got pulled against my coat so I'm thinking the headset connection may be the problem.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I got out for a little bit today. I used a brand new Apple USB cord and triple checked my connections on both ends of the cord. It worked much better today. Only cut out one time and that was when I turned my head to the left and the cord got pulled against my coat so I'm thinking the headset connection may be the problem.
If youre a big dude, not poking fun, they make an extension for the cord. Might help it from pulling so much.

·
Registered
386 Posts
So I’ve turned on whim for a few RGS just so they could use car play. Never had a headset. On a limited it’s already on cuz the wired system is online for the wired headset. My dollar bet is the vox. Voice activated. You can either start talking and hit the vol button or scroll through till you find it. Same as she. The voice over is speaking for the NAV you can turn sound up and down while it’s talking.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Voice Over transmit... VOX. When active, the mic cuts off the music... if the sensativity is too high.. the VOX will activate just bumping the helmet

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
So I’ve turned on whim for a few RGS just so they could use car play. Never had a headset. On a limited it’s already on cuz the wired system is online for the wired headset. My dollar bet is the vox. Voice activated. You can either start talking and hit the vol button or scroll through till you find it. Same as she. The voice over is speaking for the NAV you can turn sound up and down while it’s talking.

Voice Over transmit... VOX. When active, the mic cuts off the music... if the sensativity is too high.. the VOX will activate just bumping the helmet

I'm pretty sure he's not talking about the sound cutting in and out. He's talking about CarPlay turning on and off.

The only way that would happen is if the radio is loosing the connection to the phone or it is no longer detecting a Mic.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm pretty sure he's not talking about the sound cutting in and out. He's talking about CarPlay turning on and off.

The only way that would happen is if the radio is loosing the connection to the phone or it is no longer detecting a Mic.
That is correct. I do now understand what you guys are saying about the VOX. I have turned that all the way down. I'm sure it is a connection issue. When it cuts out car play is not showing as operating. I spent about an hour in the garage just playing with the radio. I now understand a lot more about how it works. Anybody new to this radio I would recommend doing this. It was hard for me to grasp what was going on while going down the road.

·
Registered
125 Posts
That is correct. I do now understand what you guys are saying about the VOX. I have turned that all the way down. I'm sure it is a connection issue. When it cuts out car play is not showing as operating. I spent about an hour in the garage just playing with the radio. I now understand a lot more about how it works. Anybody new to this radio I would recommend doing this. It was hard for me to grasp what was going on while going down the road.
I just printed out the 236 page manual for the damn thing since HD decided not to give us one. I'm off all next week (thanks China!) and plan to spend some time in the garage with the radio and the manual!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not sure if this helps but my tethered phone cord had some issues as I was just running the music through the usb connections and was dropping out. I switch to bluetooth and picked up different apple cord. Haven't tried it yet, hope to get out this afternoon.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts