Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Back in the day I used to rent motorcycles in Jamaica and wander around for a few days at a time. IMO a Harley is WAAY too big a machine. My biggest bike was 400cc and would draw a crowd at gas stations. Not great when you were trying to fly below the radar. My favorite ride was a 175cc on/off road. Light, nimble, and fast enough. The roads are small and treacherous. The natives drive like lunatics, and I encountered everything from ox carts to big Mercedes. Honda 50's were buzzing around everywhere. I really would not want to ride with a bunch of strangers, on oversized bikes, in an unfamiliar country. My advice, leave your fat assed Harleys stateside.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
A buddy of mine took his wing on one. He really liked everyone wearing leather to dinner. The riding was nice but with unloading, all bikes following the guide on a predetermined route and loading time. It didn't leave you much time to see things or do anything else at a stop.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I found an Ireland trip. I have to get the Web page. You fly to Ireland and he has the trip programmed into the GPS. It's 4 days from one bed and breakfast to another. Pick your bike. Street Glide, BMW or an Indian I believe. All ya need to do is pay and get there.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I looked at this a few years ago, at first it sounds great. Then I started thinking back at how the traffic & roads are on those islands. NO F'ING way I would I want to be on a motorcycle. Plus putting on long pants & a helmet when its 90+ NO THANKS.

We rented a moped in Bermuda, they drive on the left side of the road. That made me very cautious every intersection I came to, I just tried to follow someone in front of me. You do get used to it after awhile, but not very relaxing!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts