Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 2017 RGS has internal hook ups for a Harley CB unit? If not are there any other options to install a CB on the Special?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
As far as I know, the H-D CB-unit is made to fit the Ultra (FLTRU) only.

An option is a after-market brand like the J&M 40-channel handlebar mounted CB.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I installed the factory CB on my 2015 RGS. It's plug and play under the fairing. You need a different mounting plate (available from HD), you'll have to replace the right side switch cluster with one that has the PTT button and make a decision on what to do about the antenna as HD dont make a mounting bracket for the right side of the bike. I replaced the AM/FM with the CB antenna and put an internal AM/FM under the fairing as I rarely use AM/FM and didnt care if the reception was poor. All in cost around $600 with the 20% online discounts on the CB unit, switch clusters and antenna. Took a couple of hours.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought my 17 Road Glide last month from the dealer. Part of the deal was to have the CB installed. After figuring out the system, it performs as it should. No problems. I use the J&M headsets instead of the HD.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got a couple really good PM's from EZmototim on this site with a wealth of information. I am glad to hear the J&M's are working good. I have had a J&M wired since in got my bike. I plan to order the CB Kit and new Switch on Monday AM. Thanks for the response on J&M's use with the CB.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I was talking to a salesman sat-the ultra has the wiring for ,just no antennae mount,probably no ptt button.may have to change clutch mount to one that has ptt button.sena has a freewire for each rider that u could do Bluetooth setup-I still like the cb system-my wife and I visit a lot while riding-at least when she is not reading or sleeping. I have always liked cb setup-I can talk to passenger without having to change channel-most riders with Bluetooth say to talk private,switch channel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts