Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I am looking for some help. I have a '98 Road Glide and would like to add a CB unit. The bike already has the controls on the handlebars, I have located 1 headset plug behind left side cover,and the antenna plug under the seat. Bike didn't come with tour pak but I have since installed one (no speaker pods). I removed my front fairing cover and my radio is a stock unit (am-fm cassette with weather band) PN#76164-98. I assume the cb is a separate unit, where would this be installed on bike, I don't see how it could be stacked on top of radio due to lack of room. From what I have been able to find so far it looks like I need to find a cb, a control pod for my tank console and I assume there is another wiring harness I would need??? If you all could provide me with some information and or any PN#'s it would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

·
Administrator
1,954 Posts
You have to find the right part number Harley CB radio for that year of bike. I believe they are the same part number from 98-2005. The CB mounts on top of the radio itself then plugs into the harness.

On 2006 and new bikes you have to buy an overlay harness to work with the Harmon Kardon Radio.

For your 98 bike, probably any CB radio out of an Electra Glide Ultra Classic will work. I would suggest searching for wreckers that specialize in HD bikes of that era and begin your search there.

Before 2006 the wiring package probably has almost everything you need except the CB and the antenna. In 2009 or 10 they stopped putting on the extra wiring for the "PTT" switch on the FLTRX.

Calgaryglide

1 - 3 of 3 Posts