Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Just because you have the ability to afford a motorcycle does not mean you have the ability to properly operate one. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
826 Posts
The rider responded at Killboy, he was operating on an hour of sleep after a ride down from Canada.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Anyone else notice video title states a CBR (4 cylinder), but doesn't that sounds more like a 2 cylinder?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
stay off the AZ 191

I like the Dragon. Tried the 191 in AZ. No guard Rails. There are spots posted that say 10 MPH for the next 10 miles. Not sure you walk away from those accidents. I think the fall would take 5 minutes. :eek:

·
Registered
955 Posts
Looks to me like he was doing pretty good for the first 6 minutes. But all it takes is a second to screw up. I'm surprised we didn't hear any vulgarity as he was laying there. Hope he was okay.

·
Super Moderator
2,870 Posts
Somehow as he crashed the camera switched from color to black and white. Must be some protective "anti-graphic" feature? My still camera was doing that recently, which resulted in some unintentionally cool shots (no crashing involved, though).

·
Registered
372 Posts
Probably dragging pegs and knees. The dude was dressed for that type of riding. Full leathers and pucks. He just got caught off guard on a double apex corner. It tightened more and he wasn't ready for it.

The only think I can't put my head around is why anyone would ride that little 125 LOL. I watched the whole thing and was begging for more revs LOL

·
Registered
542 Posts
I like the Dragon. Tried the 191 in AZ. No guard Rails. There are spots posted that say 10 MPH for the next 10 miles. Not sure you walk away from those accidents. I think the fall would take 5 minutes. :eek:
Devils Highway 666. They changed the name on that one. Now they call it 191, what a ride.

·
Super Moderator
12,313 Posts
I was listening to his engine while going through some of the other corners, quite frankly I thought he was going to loose it a couple of times before he finally did.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You have to be on the throttle to stay down in those curves. When he got high, he panicked a little. A little gas and it would have pulled back into the middle of the lane and gone around that curve in my opinion.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My 40th birthday was planned around a ride on 191. For sure my favorite road to date!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
My very first time riding the Gap, i came up on a fatal accident, right about at the 6 minute mark on the video. A sportbike crossed the center line into a Harley Road King, broke the Harley Riders femur and killed the Sport Bike rider.

Gotta be on your toes at all times there. i pretty much stayed in second and third gear the entire 11 miles, and never used my brakes except when i was going a little hot in 3rd on the straightaways slowing down well ahead of the curves.
Because of my foot board extensions, the back support arm of my Foot boards would hit the pavement and a couple of times, i could feel my back end slide out from under me because i literally was off the back tire. After a couple of those, i was reminded to slow my ass down. Sure was fun, and everyone called me Sparky that week.

·
Registered
406 Posts
First time I rode the Dragon I thought I would count all those curves, I got to number 16 ( about a half mile ),,had to lock up my rear brakes because i was going to fast,slid through the corner and by the grace of God nothing was coming, I recovered and continued on without incident, and oh yeah I never finished counting the curves

1 - 18 of 18 Posts