Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm old school using the cd player, but I have 75 songs on the disc for my long rides. It's tough to get a radio station on a 1600 mile trip, plus the HK radio sucks anyway. Of course the CD player crapped out on the start of the trip and me with no MP3 player to plug in, had to ride up and back (3400 miles) with no music. Time to up grade to bluetooth, USB, etc. and get rid of the junk so I may be able to listen to a radio station also on occasion along with my music. :( Blah Blah Blah.
Got that off my chest. Now to choose a new aftermarket unit.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I currently run the HDPDplusII which is the ipod interface and it works great and I have a CD full of music as well, however I too am waiting till my stock unit craps out so I can swap out the whole thing.

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Dont feel bad. My CD and Aux , both crapped out on me 2 hours into my trip to Sturgis. 4,600 miles round trip.
Now I'm up in the air, $ 250 to have it repaired at Iron Cross or $600 for an aftermarket set-up. Choices, choices, choices.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cheap alternative is a Bluetooth receiver that plugs into headphone jack. I use one and it is super small. Attached under radio with small piece of Velcro to remove for charging. Can get them off eBay or Amazon for less than 20 bucks. I just stream my phone with Pandora or stored music... sounds as good as any other source. of course you can't use bike controls for anything but volume, but is better than having nothing. I just bought a Garmin GPS that will Bluetooth my iPod to the adaptor and give me control of iPod. Also will connect to phone and stream and control Pandora. Also uses data link to phone to get latest traffic and weather. Sucker even gives you weather radar. Wanted GPS for big trip coming up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts