Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Cee bailey is noisy, it sounds like something might be loose. Is this normal, I mean I can live with it but if it can be fixed, I can do that too? Vibration sound

·
Registered
999 Posts
Is it moving?

Does the windshield move when you're out riding around?
Maybe it just needs to be tightened up a little bit?
Did you get the Cee Baileys well nuts when you got your windshield? Supposedly, they're better than stock.

HSP

·
Registered
654 Posts
My Wind Vest was noisy. but I think I left the well nuts a little loose.

·
Registered
454 Posts
well nuts

When I ran a Cee Bailey I had better luck with HD wellnuts then I did with the CB wellnuts. The new HD wellnuts are larger than the old ones and will retake their original shape when placed in hot water. The CB wellnuts seem like one shot wonders. Tighten to the instructions directions, using an electric screw driver, and if you overtighten they become too deformed to reuse. They also seemed to push the windshield out more than I liked.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Which CB are you running and do you have windshield trim? I use to run a CB Screamin Eagle Retro with the Yaffe trim. CB says you cant use that combo together but I decided to try it any way. I found out why they call it a Screamin Eagle. I just put some foam packing behind the trim and that eliminated the noise. Good Luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which CB are you running and do you have windshield trim? I use to run a CB Screamin Eagle Retro with the Yaffe trim. CB says you cant use that combo together but I decided to try it any way. I found out why they call it a Screamin Eagle. I just put some foam packing behind the trim and that eliminated the noise. Good Luck.
I have the 14" TRSSC Euro. I don't have trim and I believe I used the Harley screws and well nuts, I can't remember if it came with any. The are tight just not over tight, I did'nt want to damage the product.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same windshield but in 16". mine is totally quiet. yours should be as well. I have tried it with and without the oem trim. for me it comes out the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts