Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a Cee bailey dark tint for 2009 se Roadglide and thinking about trying a madstad the bailey works better then anything I have had like the kW, stock, clear view, ran a cut down stock on my 2003 Rg for 50,000 miles and have had this one for 40,000. Has anyone tried the cee Bailey and the madstad ?
And what would be your opinion ?

C - YA ohiophil

·
Registered
8,779 Posts
Which CB are you running ?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Unleash the Madstad Army!

Seriously though, only you will know. Does the CB really work for you? If it were me, and I was happy with it, I'd leave it alone. That said, I love my 'stad.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I've went back and forth a couple times between a CeeBailey's 15" TRSSC Dome and a 13" Madstad. The Madstad beats out the TRSSC hands down... hands waaaay down! :)

·
Registered
490 Posts
freedom shields

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Madstad.

Do a search of previous threads and polls. Overall, individual opinions (as my own) count less than the preponderance of the evidence.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys I was just seeing if anyone else had tried the Cee Baileys that is running a madstad, or vice versa.

C - YA ohiophil

·
Registered
151 Posts
I ran a Cee Bailey and was happy with it till one day the wife said the turbulence was terrible. Changed to the Madstad and it is much better for me and her. I even tried to take the Cee Bailey drill holes and mount it to the Madstad brackets. Went back to just running the stock Madstad.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
219 Posts
Immediately prior to buying the Madstad, I ran a 16" CB Euro. It was very good for me, but my copilot was getting a lot of air. Tried the Madstad 14.5 inch ,which solved ALL the backseat issues and was also better for me. I would choose the Madstad.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got it yesterday put it on last night 35 min. job, now stop raining and we will try it out, the box from UPS was a smashed up mess took a pic incase there was damage, I'm ready for daylite to check it out, my wife said wow hope you did not get it for looks,

C - YA Ohiophil

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay update on 11 inch dark tent madstad, this is my second Road glide bought a new one in 03 black and silver anniversary tryed clokeworks because they sure look cool but were way too loud on my ears at that time there wasn't very many available I did try a Clearview and ended up running a stock windshield cut down. Then got a new 2009 Screaming Eagle Roadglide stock on it was a 3 inch black tent shield so I went with the cee Bailey dark tent 12" that I have used for four years it works pretty good. So it is getting a little cooler here in Ohio went for a ride with the madstad adjusted halfway up tilted 60° Yes it is better, then the wife and I went for a ride 20 miles or so ended up with the madstad all the way up 60° I would say that's as good as it gets would have liked to go up one more inch but we will try it riding to York next week. Definitely a big improvement may have to get some gads. :)

C - YA

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
And throw on a pair of Sancho + Front engine guard HD wind deflectors. Does well deflecting the air riding under the fairing and hitting the gas tank and rider mid torso.
The test was my beard didn't move forward much during the ride.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts