Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How tall are you and what seat are you running? I have been thinking of trying the 18
I'm 6' even, and I have a custom seat from Aztec that raises me about an inch higher than a stock seat. I've tried several different windshields. I had a 15" CB, it was a little too short for me, wind would hit right at eye level. The 18" did a good job of keeping the wind over my head, but the top of the shield was right in my normal line of sight. If I don't sell it, I may try trimming it down an inch at a time to see if I can make it work.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thank you for the reply. You are in just about the same position in am. Running a 15 CB with a seat off a 12 Ultra and it puts everything in my face. I have eat more bugs in the last year then I ever have. Was thinking the 18 might be the way to go but being about the same size as you I might should rethink it some.

Thank you

·
Registered
490 Posts
Guys I am 6 foot 6 and run a 16" freedom shield and it throws all wind over top of my head and lets me look with my eyes directly over top of sheild, not thru it. Nobody should need a 18" shield unless you are taller than 6 foot 7. The shape of the shield makes a big difference if you are running a 15" CB and getting it in the face you must be as tall as me and the shield shape doesnt throw it over head correctly? My freedom shield has a lip at top that rolls the wind up. I prefer the look of a shorter shield but the 16" just works perfect I cant imagine having a 18", maybe if I was Shaquelle O'neil?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nobody should need a 18" shield unless you are taller than 6 foot 7.
If you don't want an item advertised here why crap on the thread?

Different seats, different body types, different tolerance for wind means what works for you might not work for everybody.

·
Banned
845 Posts
I will take it, and craigmier..... I currently have a 16" in this same Cee Bailey shield and once I swapped my seat to a hammock, I now need an 18" shield --- thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts