Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on purchasing a Cee Bailys windshield. Could someone tell me what the 14" Cee Glide measures from the speedometer ledge to the top of the shield on a 2012 FLTRX? Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'd even settle for a 13" Cee Glide measurement from the speedometer ledge to the top of the shield on a 2012 FLTRX. Anyone? Thanks

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi,

My 13" Cee Glide Clear measures 13" from top of speedo to top of the shield. I stand 5' 101/2" with a 32" inseam and I have the Corbin Touring saddle. When sitting solo, I look over the top of it and all air from it is clean, no eyeglass rattle or helmet buffeting. When riding two up with the wife, it's right at nose level, still looking over it. The wife still gets wind but clean wind. I used to have the 12" Klockwerks and got too much air to ride with my glasses and no goggles.

I think there are pictures of mine in my user area if you want to see them.

John

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks Scoop, I think my FLTRX and your Ultra have a slightly different stance but that should get me in the ballpark. The Cee Glide online chart says I should use a 14" but that seems a little tall. I'm 6'

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cee Baileys 14 inch Cee Glide windshield on 2009 FLTR

I have the 14 inch Cee Glide windshield on my 2009 FLTR.
I am 5'10", and ride on a Sun Downer seat. The combination works great for me.
joe in tech is a great resource.
This is my third windshield... Stock, Long Ride, and now Cee Baileys.
Long Ride was better than stock. Cee Baileys was better and worked for me.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Just install 13" CB Screaming Eagle on my 2010 FLTRX. Measurements are 11.5 from speedo cluster and 13 1/4 from center/center bolt to the top.

I'm 6' with a 32" inseam. With my 2012 stock FLTRX seat (which sits a little lower than most seats, why I went with a shorter WS) and half helmet the buffering is tolerable up to about 72 (my highway cruising speed) but I would not ride with this windshield to Sturgis and back as my ears take a beating. With my full face helmet the buffering is just terrible. I installed the HD RG wind deflectors which made little if any difference.

I hate to say it but I see a Madstad in my future, any other shield will interfere with my Yaffe handlebars or I might just trade it in for a batwing bike! :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
I just put a 13" CB SE windshield on my 2010 FLTRX a couple weeks ago. I'm just under 5'11" with a 31" inseam. I'm using a 2011 FLTRX seat with this shield. It works for me but if you're 6' tall I recommend going with the 14". Nice shield, I'm happy with it for day trips.

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Just a side note: They will cut down your windshield one time for free if its too tall.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Little different bike due to the faring, but I run a 15 cee dome on my 09 and using the 10 and up ultra seat it could be an easy 2" taller and me still see over it just fine. Really thinking of trying the 18 and see where it comes out. Worse thing that could happen is is is to tall and I have to send it back for a trim. Oh yea I am 6'0 and a 34" inseam if that helps

·
Registered
82 Posts
Little different bike due to the faring, but I run a 15 cee dome on my 09 and using the 10 and up ultra seat it could be an easy 2" taller and me still see over it just fine. Really thinking of trying the 18 and see where it comes out. Worse thing that could happen is is is to tall and I have to send it back for a trim. Oh yea I am 6'0 and a 34" inseam if that helps
I see you can see over it, but hows the buffeting and the wind noise?

·
Registered
296 Posts
I see you can see over it, but hows the buffeting and the wind noise?
I can wear my eyeglasses without worrying about them being shaken around and blurring my vision by wind buffeting. Any air/wind that reaches my face is clean air and not a bother. Wind noise is minimal also. I wear a half helmet most of the time, and a 3/4 Nolan N43 Trilogy during cooler weather. The Nolan has a full face shield. The most noise I hear is from the tires of cars and trucks near me on the highway. On back roads and state roads, I hear the stereo with stock speakers just fine. And I have V&H Monster Rounds with the Jackpot 2-1-2 header.

I ran the 12" Dark Smoke Klockwerks for a while, also no real buffeting, but, I couldn't wear my eyeglasses without having them rattled around too much. I HAD to have a face shield on all the time in order to see. That's why I took it off and changed to the taller Cee Bailey. I think it's the 14" and NOT the 13". It measures 13 1/3" from the top of the Speedo to its top edge. It's a little lower than the stock shield and 100% better.

Hope that helps you.

John

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update: I did install my 14" Cee Glide. It is a huge improvement over the HD Windsplitter that I had; however, i do get some buffeting at interstate speeds. It measures about 12 5/8 from the speedometer ledge to the top of the windshield on my 2012 FLTRX.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts