Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cee Baileys 2015 Road Glide shields

Interesting approach:
With HD's proprietary venting system, we've discovered there's really no need for a reverse curve. We believe it's more about finding a shield with the right style, fitment, height and tint. We make no mention about having to look over it... Why? Because our shields provide excellent optics, free of distortion, so you don't need to worry about that.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
I am looking for a windshield and looked at these as well. I am not sure how well it works without the curve at the top of the shield. It seems curve shields work very well when one has the proper size.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking for a windshield and looked at these as well. I am not sure how well it works without the curve at the top of the shield. It seems curve shields work very well when one has the proper size.
They are nice looking shields. But it seems recurve is tried and true. I'm a little leery of trying one without now.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
They are nice looking shields. But it seems recurve is tried and true. I'm a little leery of trying one without now.
I plan on calling them tomorrow and asking if they can or would put a curve on one. If so, what would the cost be to do that, I will post what they say.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on calling them tomorrow and asking if they can or would put a curve on one. If so, what would the cost be to do that, I will post what they say.
With what they already stated I doubt they would. And even if there was the chance that they could it would probably be more cost effective to jut get one of the other recurve options already out there like Windvest or Freedom Shields.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
With what they already stated I doubt they would. And even if there was the chance that they could it would probably be more cost effective to jut get one of the other recurve options already out there like Windvest or Freedom Shields.
I gave them a call; they stated they could not as they did not have a mold for a curve for the 15 Road Glides.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have run Cee Baileys on my last 3 glides. I thought they were great shields, been looking at KLOCKS,Freedom and WIndvest, I decided to go back to Cee Baileys, just ordered it today. Should have it in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
I have run Cee Baileys on my last 3 glides. I thought they were great shields, been looking at KLOCKS,Freedom and WIndvest, I decided to go back to Cee Baileys, just ordered it today. Should have it in a couple weeks.
I went with the Wind Vest 12" Gun Smoke, got it installed a couple of days ago and happy with it so far.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Cee Baileys installed

I have not seen anyone with a Cee Baileys as of yet on a 15, I just received mine today, shipping delayed due to weather.
I must say, fit and finish is A+++, like everyone else, I tried to go shorter but want the wind protection. I took a chance a bought a 13 in opaque black. With Cee Baileys they do not slot the shields for mounting, they have actual holes for mounting.
I installed it in a few minutes (finally no well nuts) and took it for a short ride, I was able to get it up to about 60 and i was pleasantly surprised with the wind protection. I am very pleased thus far.

I have attached pics from a couple different angles. Now I know they always talk about a riders height, someone on here said it right, its basically how one is put together, I am 6'2 with a 32 inseam, so I sit tall in the saddle.
The shield is a 13in, I measured the height from the top of the vent on the inner fairing, it measure 5 1/4 inches high.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Didn't think so. I just ordered a Freedom Shields yesterday.
Garemlin what size did you go with? I am 6'2 with a 34 inch inseam and when in the saddle looking straight, my eye level is right about 8 1/2 inches. Have been trying to decide between klockwerks and freedom. But of course I am eventually going to change the seat to something more likeable for the wife so of course that will change everything.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nanook,
Bars are from Factory 47 (formerly Buky bars). They are designed specifically for the 15 RG. They are 14 inch to the top of the meat hook, but grips are at about 12.5.
Very comfortable bar....

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered one of these as well, a 13in light tint a week ago. It will be here in about a week.

I have used Cee-Baleys on all my other bike, so I am expecting the same result

·
Registered
27 Posts
Surprisingly, my baley came in today and i installed it. Works really good with the top vent open. i'm 6ft 32in inseam

Incase anyone is interested.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Surprisingly, my baley came in today and i installed it. Works really good with the top vent open. i'm 6ft 32in inseam

Incase anyone is interested.
Is there really a noticeable difference from the stock 15 shield other than looks, I find the wind buffeting on these glides inferior to the bat wing when it comes to sound.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is there really a noticeable difference from the stock 15 shield other than looks, I find the wind buffeting on these glides inferior to the bat wing when it comes to sound.
Yes in my case the Cee Bailey 13" made a huge difference. Before I couldn't use my half shell helmet because the wind was directed right into my face. I couldn't hear the tunes because of the wind noise.

Now, with the half shell, the wind is directed over my head. I can better here the tunes and a bonus, i can now hear the pipes on the freeway.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes in my case the Cee Bailey 13" made a huge difference. Before I couldn't use my half shell helmet because the wind was directed right into my face. I couldn't hear the tunes because of the wind noise.

Now, with the half shell, the wind is directed over my head. I can better here the tunes and a bonus, i can now hear the pipes on the freeway.
I agree that the radio sounds a 100% better. I am about 6'1"" with a 34 inseam and I put on 13" Cee Bailey in the Black. Kind of wished I'd gotten the dark smoked one. But a well made product and easy to install.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
74 Posts
I agree that the radio sounds a 100% better. I am about 6'1"" with a 34 inseam and I put on 13" Cee Bailey in the Black. Kind of wished I'd gotten the dark smoked one. But a well made product and easy to install.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I always bought the dark smoked, but since I went with the 13 I went black, I look over the shield and am happy I did go black since bike is black.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just installed a Cee baileys on my 2015 RG and it is 100% improvement.
No wind in my face and I can hear the stereo. I would recomend this upgrade.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts