Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 10" Windvest gets an A+ in performance, but doesn't fair so well in looks. I'm looking for opinions from guys with a TRSCC on their glide. Would be going with the 14", since that's the recommended height for someone 5'9" like myself. Not really interested in any other brands, so if we could just keep the replies to Cee Baileys that would be great. I look forward to your thoughts, thank you.

2010 FLTRX, stock 2013 seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
998 Posts
I am 5'9" also and have a WV 14 and a TRSSC 15. the 14 WV works better but I doubt a 10" would work any better. I prefer the look of the TRSSC and I can also see over it. With my stock RG custom seat the 14 WV hits at my line of sight. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Ran both of them CB and WV like the WV better protection but if don't care for the looks and want the best performance then go Madstad sure is different and ugly but beat all three other windshields prior going ugly.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
480 Posts
I can't compare the 10" WV & 14" CB but I can say the performance of my 13" WV is much better that my 15" CB. The CB is still a good shield though. Another option may be to try the 8" WV, same recurve design just shorter.

·
Registered
156 Posts
CB

I have the 14" CB TRSSC and love it. I have only tried the 8" KW as well. The CB wind is just above the forehead and can see 40 feet in front of the bike. Mine is the dark grey and matches my 2009 Midnight Pearl very well. I think it flows with the step of the fairing quite well.

·
Registered
296 Posts
can't give any opinion on the Windvest, but I've been running the 14" CB for two years and think it's a great shield, all clean air, just below my nose so I look over it. The wife doesn't think its any better than the stock shield for her though. Here's a picture of the CB shield.

John

I

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
About 1000 miles of riding with the CB, I can tell you it's an excellent shield. Performs the same as the WV with better looks. Extremely strong and excellent fit / finish.

Attachments

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
I'm 6' & have a 14" Windvest. I could probably go with a 12" or 13". But I'm not going to waste money on that test. I don't really care how it looks I just want it to work. I do road trips & run into rain often. The CB does have some great products. Good Luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts