Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Switched my bars to 1.5 in. diameter and my cell phone mount won't work with these. Any suggestions on a mount to hold a Samsung s5. Larger size,approximately 3.5 in. x 6 in. with otter box case.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I used a 1 1/2 roll cage mount with a ram mount X-grip phone mount and the short ram mount ball connector and it worked perfect holds the phone tight. In the pic I actually have my Power Vision in the Ram mount. All parts were purchased at Summit Racing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Stripclub but I didn't want anything in front of my boom screen.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I use a Tech mount on my '15 which is awesome. I am in the winter mod project phase now and almost complete with the Factory 47 bars. One thing I forgot to consider was the bar mount for the Tech mount setup. I am next to positive they sell a 1 5" clamp which should remedy this small issue. Not sure if this helps, but since you mentioned cell phone mount, this is a possibility. If all else fails, talk with @seetiggergo about mounts, they can cover all your angles with their mount I'm sure. I picked one up for a Garmin I want to use but in the scenario I can't get a handlebar clamp to fit the phone, this will be my phone mount. Good luck, share your results!

·
Registered
498 Posts
I used one of these ram mount tabs bolted through the mirror on the clutch perch. Use an x-grip for the phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
i like the x mount

·
Administrator
12,484 Posts
Another vote for Tech mount, easy to install, reasonably priced, works great. They're coming out with a powered one soon to make it easier to charge your phone while it's there.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Switched my bars to 1.5 in. diameter and my cell phone mount won't work with these. Any suggestions on a mount to hold a Samsung s5. Larger size,approximately 3.5 in. x 6 in. with otter box case.
Take a look at the biker gripper from lawabidingbiker.com. They have a universal handlebar mount that will fit a 1.5" bar. These guys know their stuff and thourghly research all products in the real world. They have many video tutorials that have helped in many mods to my bike.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Take a look at the biker gripper from lawabidingbiker.com. They have a universal handlebar mount that will fit a 1.5" bar. These guys know their stuff and thourghly research all products in the real world. They have many video tutorials that have helped in many mods to my bike.
I learned about the Tech gripper I got on my bars from lawabidingbiker.com. That guy does some really good reviews.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The biker gripper looks like what I'm looking for. Anyone actually use one? With no type of lanyard, I wonder if they hold as well as all the reviews say.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
The biker gripper looks like what I'm looking for. Anyone actually use one? With no type of lanyard, I wonder if they hold as well as all the reviews say.
I use the biker gripper which is actually a TechGripper. It works great and I have never had anything to worry about. check out techmounts.com

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, the biker gripper is actually cheaper than the techmount. Thanks

·
Administrator
12,484 Posts
Looks like the biker gripper and Tech mount are essentially the same thing. The price depends on where you buy it. I have 2, the last one I bought had a promotion and I also received a mount for my GoPro. BTW I have the Tech mount going directly on my controls, so it doesn't matter what size the bars are.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
On the control mount looks to be the best, but not really where I want my phone located. Thanks for all the good info!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
update: went with the biker gripper. Solid mount. Thanks for all the useful info!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I used a 1 1/2 roll cage mount with a ram mount X-grip phone mount and the short ram mount ball connector and it worked perfect holds the phone tight. In the pic I actually have my Power Vision in the Ram mount. All parts were purchased at Summit Racing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stripclub, do you have part numbers for this? This is exactly what I'm looking for!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 40 Posts