Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not happy with both the current options out there as well as the cost of those options. I started tinkering in the garage and came up with something I’m pretty happy with and have been using for a few weeks now with success. It’s a base cell phone mount that mounts in a similar fashion to other designs on the market. I then experimented with several options from RAM mounts to secure the cell phone to the base mount.

In the process of building my own, I have three (3) extras that I want to cell. I also have an extra RAM X Grip to offload.

(3) Kydex Cell Phone Basith VHB tape $25 each shipped.

(1) RAM X-Grip Mount $35 shipped

If interested in the base mount and the RAM X-Grip, will sell both for $55 shipped.

·
Registered
237 Posts
i don't blame you. you must be talking about the Iron Aces mount. last i checked, they wanted like 150 bucks for it. crazy talk. granted, i have one, but i got mine on ebay for 50. even at 50, it seems a bit much.... but i really do like it. i have a pre rushmore, so it's the screw on version an not the 3M tape on one.

looks good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think their mounts are amazing and would love to have one but I can't justify the cost of the mount as well as adding how I am going to secure my phone to the mount. For the record, I have a 2017 Road Glide and was able to secure mine with both the VHB and I popped in a few screws with ease.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I think their mounts are amazing and would love to have one but I can't justify the cost of the mount as well as adding how I am going to secure my phone to the mount. For the record, I have a 2017 Road Glide and was able to secure mine with both the VHB and I popped in a few screws with ease.
most of the aftermarket things for my bike that i think are a bit overly priced (i my opinion), i have saved searches for on ebay. so when something that qualifies lands, i get notified. like the iron aces mount as well as my madstad windshield (whole system) i got used for 150, OEM fairing lowers for 150, danny gray airhawk seat for 225, OEM LED fog lights for 100, etc. it takes time as most of these things don't pop very often, but patience has prevailed for me in the form of saved greenbacks. i don't need new. well kept used is fine by me.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Not happy with both the current options out there as well as the cost of those options. I started tinkering in the garage and came up with something I’m pretty happy with and have been using for a few weeks now with success. It’s a base cell phone mount that mounts in a similar fashion to other designs on the market. I then experimented with several options from RAM mounts to secure the cell phone to the base mount.

In the process of building my own, I have three (3) extras that I want to cell. I also have an extra RAM X Grip to offload.

(3) Kydex Cell Phone Basith VHB tape $25 each shipped.

(1) RAM X-Grip Mount $35 shipped

If interested in the base mount and the RAM X-Grip, will sell both for $55 shipped.
View attachment 418505
View attachment 418506
View attachment 418507
View attachment 418508
View attachment 418509
View attachment 418510
Do you have paypal? I think i can adapt my PV to this hopefully. Would like one of the plain ones

·
Registered
629 Posts
Looks interesting....How does the Kydex hold up to vibration when the phone is mounted?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks interesting....How does the Kydex hold up to vibration when the phone is mounted?
I used a thicker Kydex, 0.8, and it seems to doing very well. I have about 500 miles on it so far. Mount is solid. As I am riding there is no vibration and I can read the phone clearly. I do prefer the RAM Quick Grip mount for the phone vs. the RAM X-Grip mount.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Received today. Made some adjustments but definitely cheaper then Aces mount and serves its purpose. Will start a new thread with pic

1 - 11 of 11 Posts