Road Glide banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently changed the shocks on my 08Fltr from stock HD shocks to progressive 944 11.5 and lowered the front with 2 " progressive mono tube cartridges.When you try to put the bike on the center stand ,stock HD stand it can be very difficult.The rear wheel is about an 1.5 " off the ground.Should the wheel be on the ground and in my observation I think I should also change the center stand for a lower one or remove an 1.5 " on the existing one.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
The stock HD stand is made for a stock suspension.

You've changed the geometry of the bike by changing the suspension.

Check out Wheeldock EZ Up centre stands. They manufacture a variety of stand for several years and models and modified suspensions.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
The stock HD stand is made for a stock suspension.

You've changed the geometry of the bike by changing the suspension.

Check out Wheeldock EZ Up centre stands. They manufacture a variety of stand for several years and models and modified suspensions.

Calgaryglide
Wrong! The Stock (Accessory) Harley stand has adjustable legs.
They can be adjusted for lowered shocks and/or changes to the tire height. No need to buy new stand.

The "EZ Up" stand can not be adjusted. If you change the height, you will need to buy a new stand.
That is why Wheeldock sells different stands. EZ Up can not be adjusted.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
This is not entirely accurate either. In some cases you can send it in to have new footings welded on at a minimal cost. In the cases where you do need a whole new stand he has an exchange program so it's not like you have to buy at full cost.
The EZ Up is still "Non-Adjustable". Additional cost is required.
The Harley stand adjusts without any additional cost.

I know. I have a Harley stand.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Wasn't disagreeing with you on the Harley stand just clarifying the options with the EZ-up. Plus the EZ-up is way easier to use. I've had both of them.
I, also have had both. The Harley stand is easier to adjust and hides away when not in use.
My EZ Up looked bad with the arm sticking out the side, when up.
Some like the arm sticking out so they can use it while still sitting on the bike.
I never trusted it. A friend had the EZ Up and fell over trying to use it while still on the bike.

So, everyone has an opinion. I was just correcting the false statement made about the Harley Stand made just for stock stance only.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Igloo,

I stand corrected, HD part number 91573-06 is the chrome center stand that fits model year 2008 is indeed adjustable, my bad.

Here are the instruction for install of that stand. Page 4 & 5 instruct how to adjust the stand for a lowered touring model.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/app-content/service/isheets/-J03887.PDF

I hope this helps.

When making this adjustment please have some help to manage the bike so that we don't hear about another shark laying on its side unable to swim.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you very much for the responce.The current stand is the EZ Up but I think it's for the stock height .I know the HD one is pricey but I like that it can be adjusted,a 800 lb bike can be grunt to lift if the stant is to tall.Again Thank you for the response.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.