Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking next Friday (with bosses approval tomorrow hopefully) off.
Going to ride North or South from Daytona. Hope the boss is in a good mood on a Monday (What could go wrong?).

Chuck

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may ride south...I always have liked riding on Riverside Dr....I think it starts North of Camp Rd...just North of Cocoa? I follow it down to the highway that goes to Merritt Island....then take Tropical Trail South until it ends at Satellite Beach.
Depending what time it is, I sometimes stop at the American Legion or just go to Grills in Eau Gallie for lunch. A ride down to Captain Hirams near Sebastion Inlet is not to far fetched.
Barbara is in California....so I don't know how to plan...If she was with me, I'd know to make two PEE stops on the way.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
...or Earls (depending).

Too far out to know WRT weather but could meet-up at "Fillin' Station" (E side of HWY-1 just N of HWY-1/HWY-46 in Mims) and figure out what's cool from there. Lots of alternatives.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll plan on leaving my house about 10...10:30 that will put me into
Mims about 45 minutes or so later. I may ride down to Eau Gallie
to Grills for some conch fritters and steamed clams.
Will watch for sharks.

Chuck

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Left my house this morning, about 10, 50 degrees......got to Fill N Station about 11:00. Couple of friendly people in the place. Had a beer and left at 11:30 by myself. Stopped at Lowes near Melbourne to see an old friend. Was about 70 degrees there.
Then road over to Eau Gallie to a place called Grills. Met a group of people there having fun.
Ordered two dozen steamed clams and an order of Conch Fritters. Drank two landSHARK beers......and road back towards Daytona.....Chilly and drizzly.
Saw a couple bikes out, not many though. I guess that is how some people are able to sell their bikes with "not ridden in the rain" in the ad.

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was nicer, and warmer at Grills in Eau Gallie, FL....

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts