Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to ceramic coat my 2019 with 33776 miles by a local detailer and could not be happier with results. After washing and paint correction then the ceramic coating was applied to the bike and it looks better than new, the whole process took two and a half days. Thanks to Phillyfan for the advice on what questions to ask the detailer. Total cost was $600.00
IMG_3224.jpg . Thought about trying the process myself but the paint correction process was out of my league as the bike had normal wear for the mileage

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Wow, it looks great. For $600 I'd consider doing the same to my 2015. I know Phillyfan is very knowledgeable . .. he just helped me w/ an issue too - which I appreciate. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Wow! Looks great, Bob!

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
The Most ridden CVO on the Planet...sled looks amazing Bob Ole Bean...mis ya Pal...give Kath a hug for me
Well, second most. SWbike had 106k miles on His '16 CVO when He traded it in last June for a new Shark. New one has 44k on it. Must be nice to be retired.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Looks real good Bob! Let us know about the water behavior when you spray it with a hose.

Reactions: Ohiobellboy

·
Administrator
10,359 Posts
Bob's 15 had 87 when he traded , this one would be at that if he had not hauled it around so much with the motor home .. Slap Kathleen for me ..
See you in September if SW doesnt happen , may still miss it tho' .. We will see ..

JtB

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,867 Posts
Having seen Bob's bike the day he picked it up I can say that the pics don't do it justice. It was a knockout when sitting in the direct mid-day sunlight. It gave me a whole new appreciation for the mako fade paint job. The blue popped at a whole new level ..... at least to my eyes.

Reactions: Bevis

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,867 Posts
Looks real good Bob! Let us know about the water behavior when you spray it with a hose.
I spit on his tank and that lugie slid off so quickly that I don't think he saw me do it.

·
Registered
644 Posts
So I decided to ceramic coat my 2019 with 33776 miles by a local detailer and could not be happier with results. After washing and paint correction then the ceramic coating was applied to the bike and it looks better than new, the whole process took two and a half days. Thanks to Phillyfan for the advice on what questions to ask the detailer. Total cost was $600.00 View attachment 414000 View attachment 414000 . Thought about trying the process myself but the paint correction process was out of my league as the bike had normal wear for the mileage
looks great,but with that many miles you are about due for a new one -right-

·
Registered
22 Posts
any idea of the brand they used ? been thinking of doing my bike got 2 prices $800.00 and we start at $600.00

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
shark17 can't remember the brand but it was not a familiar name check with phillyfan1 he can advise you of the top brands

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Shark, there is a handful of quality coatings, and then there a lot of less quality coatings.
Anything by CQuartz, 22PLE, Gyeon, Modesta are top tier, there are others also.
You can message me and let me know what the guy is using.

Reactions: shark17
1 - 18 of 18 Posts