Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on ordering a jackpot pipe for my new ride. Can't decide on ceramic or not. I know ceramic is slick and would increase flow with a internal coating. Question is, ceramic coated frying pans get just as hot, but nothing sticks to them. How do ceramic coated headers reduce heat? Maybe in a short drag race, but in a day of riding, wouldn't they be heat soaked and same temperature through out? I just want the catalytic converter and related heat gone.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I have lowers on my bike and the ceramic coated, stainless steel Jackpot 2/1/2 headers and pipes. Even in the heat of summer, with hard lowers, the heat wasn't a killer. I don't know how much difference there is, but I would do it again.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I run a FM ceramic coated 2-1-2 pipe on my 2015, due to the simple fact that I picked it up dirt cheap on ebay. Did I need ceramic coated? No.
It will still get hot, but not nearly as hot as the stock header with the cat in it. My stock set up was unbearable, to the point it was burning my right calve and back of my thigh when I came to a stop light, or something similar.

Lil Chief

·
Registered
562 Posts
I used the fuel moto ceramic header,and crossover-as stated getting rid of cat biggest gain-my 110 had 255 cam,by installing higher torque cam I lowered more of the heat-FM header was on sale so it was a good deal.i have been in some 105 temp days-as long as moving not a problem-I guess it was a good thing as I don't even think about heat anymore

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I agree, the cat was brutal, my wife stopped riding in the summer because of it, now I have a ceramic coated fullsac sport pipe and the heat issues are gone, an awesome improvement!

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
814 Posts
If you are looking for the best reduction in radiant head the stainless head pipe with ceramic coating is the ultimate setup. The inner/outer ceramic coating keeps heat in the exhaust stream, and the heat coefficient of stainless does not radiate to the rider like mild steel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts