Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a set of CFR exhaust on with a highflo filter and Pro-Street tuner. All i can say is WOW. Going to spend this weekend doing some mapping.:grin:

·
Registered
52 Posts
That is the same set up that I have. Did yours come with the cable for the Turner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So after i installed the base map and went riding it seemed to run pretty well. So then i performed the mapping procedure and made my first re-calibration, yes lost a lot of low end torque with the new map. So went through the mapping process a 2nd time and WAMO!! the low end torgue came back. So i am thinking that a couple of more mapping runs should zero me into the sweet spot i am looking for.:cool:

·
Registered
52 Posts
So after i installed the base map and went riding it seemed to run pretty well. So then i performed the mapping procedure and made my first re-calibration, yes lost a lot of low end torque with the new map. So went through the mapping process a 2nd time and WAMO!! the low end torgue came back. So i am thinking that a couple of more mapping runs should zero me into the sweet spot i am looking for.:cool:

So I went to get the cable from the dealer for my pro street tuner(black) and they asked me why. I said so I could use the tuner and auto tuning. They said it doesn’t do that. Then he looked it up in the book and he told me I would have to have an additional module for $300+. He said that’s the only way. ... is that what you had to do?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have an auto tuner just the Pro Street tuner so i am not sure what additional you are needing.

·
Registered
85 Posts
So I went to get the cable from the dealer for my pro street tuner(black) and they asked me why. I said so I could use the tuner and auto tuning. They said it doesn’t do that. Then he looked it up in the book and he told me I would have to have an additional module for $300+. He said that’s the only way. ... is that what you had to do?
There is a Smart Tune function in the Street Tuner Software. Worked fine for my 17 M8 after a stage 2 cam upgrade. I suggest if you haven't already, install the software watch the tutorials and go back and get you cable. The part they want to sell you is for continuous monitoring and auto-tuning I believe.

http://streetperformancetuner.harley-davidson.com/StreetTuner.aspx
Harley Davidson Street Tuner WBT Course
https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/se-tuner-cable-kit-pa-18-41000018--1

·
Registered
59 Posts
I loved the sound of my CFR's on my twin cam. Went to DNT's on my M8 because they are supposed to perform better than the CFR's but now circling back to something more restrictive to gain the torque back on my Free flow exhaust sensitive M8. Glad to hear they are working out for you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is this exhaust just slip-ons or do they offer a full exhaust system too? I went to their site, but it provide very little information on what the offer, pretty much just a bunch of pictures.

Also, do you guys have a link to the pro-tuner you are talking about, I would like to read up on it along with learn what it is you guys are doing with it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No these are just slip on's. If you go to the main HD site they have all the information about the tuner. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I just put a new S&S headpipe with equal diameter pipes on each side on mine. You have to run 16 and earlier style mufflers with it. I got the CFR mufflers and also installed the S&S 475 cam. Had it dyno'd and ended up at 108hp/115tq SAE. Sound is really deep but also really loud. You will lose low-end torque compared to a good 2 into 1 exhaust regardless of what you use to tune with. I may be listing my setup in the classifieds if I can't get used to how loud it is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts