Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I have CFR mufflers with Drago's headpipes and the SE 254 cam. What do you wanna know?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have heard the CFR set up is a little down on torque and thought since the 255s were a good low end cam it might make up for the loss. Haven't seen any feedback on this set up yet. I currently have a fat cat 2-1and 255s but really like like the sound and look of the CFR mufflers.

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
The exhaust will work OK but you can make a better decision on the cam. If you want a better low end /mid-range torque cam then the Woods TW222 is a better choice.
The TW222 will pull hard down low like the SE255 cam but the TW222 will hold torque to a higher rpm level then the SE255 will.
I run the SE255 and the TW222 and the TW222 beat the SE255 cams hands down IMO.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I agree with Ironmark. I had that combo and the performance just wasn't there. True, the CFR's sounded awesome. But the other issue was the tune on a SEPST. Or possibly the tuner at my local dealer. The fat cats are nice pipes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have 255s and cfrs with v&h power duels, made decent power but was dissapointed. My chart is in the dyno section. They fall on there face around 4k

1 - 7 of 7 Posts