Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After trading in my first Road Glide (07) with some reserve last week, I picked up a 2015 RG Special. I can live with everything the new bike has to offer except for the sound, even my wife said it was too quiet lol.

I have been searching everywhere for ideas and was tossing around two different slip on's, the Wild Pigs and the CFR KO's. I know there is a lot of people bashing the CFR KO's but after seeing the CFR's on a coworkers bike there is no way I would pay over $700 for pipes that already have the tips pitted and looking like S**T. I went ahead and ordered the CFRKO's and they should be here in time for a weekend install. They do sound bad azz!

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just opened my Brown Truck delivery to find one muffler had a small dent in it and the other one had the chrome cracked on the muffler body where the screw is that holds the cap on. Not real happy since the outer box looked perfect and both muffler boxes had "ok" written on them.

I just emailed Eastern Performance, so hopefully they can resolve the problem quickly. I was really hoping to have a great sounding bike this weekend. Not going to happen.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I returned the crappy mufflers back to Eastern Performance. They said their warehouse guys didn't find anything wrong with them and put them back into stock and they would be glad to replace them or refund me. I opted for the refund and took my business elsewhere. I received my new CFR KO from another company and put them on last weekend. Went on a 200 mile ride with some friends and they could not believe how deep and good they sounded. As a matter of fact two guys with new 15's are going to order some because they liked the looks and sound.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Shotty quality is a risk and gamble when you or Knock Off parts that imitate a more expensive manufacturer. Sorry to hear you had the run around a bit.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I returned the crappy mufflers back to Eastern Performance. They said their warehouse guys didn't find anything wrong with them and put them back into stock and they would be glad to replace them or refund me. I opted for the refund and took my business elsewhere. I received my new CFR KO from another company and put them on last weekend. Went on a 200 mile ride with some friends and they could not believe how deep and good they sounded. As a matter of fact two guys with new 15's are going to order some because they liked the looks and sound.
Eastern Performance sells the knock off's? I was just there yesterday and they were pushing hard for me to buy some. Told me I can get them for $600.

·
Registered
8 Posts

I am looking to order the cfr's in black. I tried ordering from several places but they all are on back order. I ended up placing and order in direct thru cfr themselves but they are saying 10-12 week backorder. anyone know if somewhere else has them in stock?

·
Registered
985 Posts
CFR KO's are on EBay for $200 shipped brand new. A friend a mine told me and i looked and there the exact same as his and he sold his for $150. Problem is they only have them in chrome and not available in black

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the CFR's...not the knock offs....best pipes ever. If I can afford a $25,000 bike I can afford to buy good pipes...not knock offs. There's a reason they are $400 less money....you may find that out in a short time.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
The knock offs hold up fairly well. A local Indy guy I know buys, and sales, a ton of bikes. He puts the CFR knock offs on all of them. The only complaint is that they blow the packing out in roughly 1000 miles and will get louder. Some like that and the ones that don't can easily rewrap the packing for cheap.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts

I am looking to order the cfr's in black. I tried ordering from several places but they all are on back order. I ended up placing and order in direct thru cfr themselves but they are saying 10-12 week backorder. anyone know if somewhere else has them in stock?
"Dware15glide" I have a set for sale in the classifieds.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Paid $630 for them. Seems to be about the going rate. One question I was wondering was if I just switched mufflers from RC Exhaust to the CFRs would I need to retune the bike? Seems to be running ok so far.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts