Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I picked up my 2015 special in April and had them put on Vance Slash cuts before I took delivery.

Few weeks back I heard my first pair of CFR's and had to have them. Took off my Slash cuts with less then a thousand miles and put on my CFR's

The difference is...not substantial I would say to warrant the cost especially after just buying the V&H but it does have a nice rumble, not loud at all. But it's done and I have no regrets

Ego is a hell of a drug.

So I know I have to get them tuned. I can tell there is a slight reduction in low end torque, less power etc

Should I stick with my stock headers or upgrade. It's about time for my $1000 mile service so I figured I might as well get it done at the same time.

What plays nice with CFR's (Air cleaner, Headers and Fuel mgmt systems)

· Registered
1,136 Posts
I'm running Drago bike works headpipes on my bike with the CFR mufflers, sounds like a muscle car! love them!

· Registered
1,564 Posts
I was running the CFR's with the Fullsac 2-1-2 headpiece. They sounded killer.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I orderes the V&H headers, RC Components air cleaner ti match my wheel and a V&H fuel pack 3.

Went to the dealer to get a quote for an install and their really adamant that I should get a dyno and screaming eagle tuner instead. They say the FP3 auto tune is trash.

Is this typical dealer talk or should I heed their advice

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Get it tuned. I never understand some guys (not you) shelling out 20+ grand for the bike, another 3-5 grand for doodads and then worry about 800 bucks for software and a tune.

Thanks rg113. I agree with you on going all out in some areas and then scrimping in ones that matter.

I for one just am not sure which way to go so I came here to the people that should know from experience. I can't tell if the Sales guy at Wanaryd.com is just trying to make his quota by selling me the FP3 or if the dealer is trying to push their dyno and tuner. I can afford either one. I have to admit that the FP3 and being able to tune and monitor on the fly via my smart phone appealed to me.

I want it done right and I want maximum power and the best sound out of whatever I do without harm to my bike.

· Registered
2012 RGU vivid black
1,589 Posts
You can't go wrong with fuelmotos header and power vision tuner you might want to give them a call also. Plus there's nothing wrong with the SERT tuner and you can buy the cables for 40 bucks and load the program on your laptop and make changes to your tune with it also. Good luck which ever way you go

· Registered
86 Posts
Hopefully you went dresser duals IMO 2-1-2 CFR's don't sound as good as true 2-2
I run true duals with a stage 1 AC and my CFR's on my 2013 RGC and i am not happy. They sound great like you said but the performance is very sub par. I hear that they are awesome with a 2-1-2 but i am at the point where i am considering a V & H pro pipe! or the Dragos!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.