Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know I'm going to get a lot of opinions here, but.......

Just wondering if I change cams should I change to a different exhaust set up or can I make the CFR's work somehow? I have a stock header that is decatted . I would like to get some more grunt out of the bottom end. I'm not looking for a speed demon just a stump puller! I was thinking about either the TW222's or the Tman 555's tq's. And if I changed my exhaust I wouldn't mind trying a 2 into 1, but I don't really want to spend to much right now if ya know what I mean!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone? ...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see no reason as to why u can't keep your current setup. Just change your tuner map when you the install your new cams. That is wht i did...
Well I read on here that the CFR's are hard to tune with a new cam.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
If you decide to go with the woods 222 ( i def suggest :) i would call Jamie at fulemoto and ask him. If fact i am sure you can call him anytime and just ask him what the options are if that is the case.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, that's where I got my tuner and A/C. Just waiting on tax return now!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
112 Posts
try this

one more time... Cant seem to upload the pic,,, anyhow. they are called exhaust port torq cones and are supposed to give drag pipes back pressure... I want the CFR's as well but I dont care for the lack of low end

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
one more time... Cant seem to upload the pic,,, anyhow. they are called exhaust port torq cones and are supposed to give drag pipes back pressure... I want the CFR's as well but I dont care for the lack of low end
Ah! Got what your talking about! Still no pics though? I don't think that torque cones will fit with the stock headers. I know that if you want something similar to a "reversion devise" I am looking into Big City Thunder and their baffles. I had them on a Street Bob that I had V&H Big Shots on with the V&H baffles removed and they worked great. So I'm thinking of going back to that route or building my own.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
They are called "torque cones" they go into the head pipe up when it fits into the jugs of the motor. They provide backpress of very free flowing exhaust setups. Now I have CFR's on my bike and Cam's. They do make it a bit diff. for the dyno tuner to dial in the bike but it's not impossible!!!! It only takes a bit more time on the dyno to dial it in. I've never noticed a loss of low end grunt of having my CFR's I may be giving up a few ponies from running duals vs a 2 into 1 but I love the sound of CFR's and will keep them on the bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts