Road Glide banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was reading last fall that people were having the cam chain tensioners fail in Harleys above 40,000 miles. Is this still a problem. Am having my service at 40,000 miles in a week on my 2010 Roadglide. Is this something that needs to be checked? Also wondering what you think about having to pay for something like this that is something that should never happen to a motor with just 40,000 miles on it. Seems like a Harley design flaw to me.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
It seemed that 30,000 was an average. Some folks longer, some shorter. They did change the design to a hydraulic tensioner which you can upgrade to. If you at 40k probably wouldn't hurt to pull the cam cover and look see

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
plenty ;) i did LMFAO when i saw gr8bigdude posting a couple already google is the best search engine lol
You're right... Google is good for pics. I'm gonna go find some along these lines too since we'll surely need them some other day.

Maybe even an album someplace here on RGF so we can apply a set as required for these sorts of events - could help lighten stuff up some and most of the time, I need that.

·
Super Moderator
5,879 Posts
Brightonman, Im not sure where youre trying to go with the numerous threads on the same subject but I feel like Im watching a dog chase its tail.

If you arent familiar with how forums work, you post one thread about a particular subject in the correct subforum. That is why I have closed all of your threads except for the original one.
Any questions, PM me anytime.

Again, Please refrain from posting a 4th thread about the tensioners.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.