Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I started out with the intention of putting the PYO OEM monkey bars on the FLTRX (aka El Feo), however after placing them in the clamps and then placing a set of the Heritage Style bars in the clamps, I discovered that the heritage bars had more pull back. Granted, I could have rolled the monkey bars down some more, but I was already starting to look at the points on the tops of the bars and it was making me uncomfortable. LOL! Something about staring at sharp points makes me uneasy. For people who are wondering, I am 5'7" and I am running the seat from the SESG from last year. Put the bars on and hit a 300 miler with no probs at all, very comfy. If I was taller I probably would have stayed with the monkeys. The plus to all of this was that the Heritage bars are cheaper, so now I got some extra bucks for more stuff!!:D

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
PeeWee, did you get the 10" black powder coated monkey bars or are they chrome? I might be interested if they are the black PC bars.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I noticed H-D is now offereing a super reach seat in 2011 for those of you that are vertically challenged. Might be something to think about.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I get it! Sharp points. LOL You sound as paranoid as me. If anything ever happened dude, youd PUSH those Bars w/such unbelievable force that you would have a hard time believing that you were that strong! God hope nothing ever would,...u-no? Dont get me wrong!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh trust me, I know all to well about bending the bars, not from personal experience mind you, but still, being blessed with shortness, it was just enough to make me feel uneasy. Better to go without and not have that little feeling on the back of my head. Hey Dave, they are the chrome ones.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didn't return them, actually never bought them. They are currently in stock at Augusta Harley Davidson. And they are the chrome ones. I've had a couple of folks ask about them, and if anyone is interested in them, I can talk to the parts manager and see if he will cut a little discount on them. Just hit me up with a PM if anybody wants them. If no takers, then they will be sent back for restock.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Talked to the parts manager and he will give a 15% discount on the bars if intrested. And he does right with the shipping. He doesn't try to bone anybody, he charges whatever UPS tells him the price is

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Autobred, I understand they are chrome bars. I was looking for black powder coated. Call Augusta H-D at 706-651-0444, ask for the parts department.

·
Registered
90 Posts
thanks Dave, talked to Peewee last night.. decided I would be better off with more throwback in my particular case :) scored on some heritage chrome bars today for a quick fix and have some time to think about which way to go with apes. I have the carlini gangsters on my softail, thinking about the flyin apes for more throw this time around for this bike...thanks to all you guys Im able to tackle this handlebar install this weekend
Sonny

1 - 10 of 10 Posts