Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that another forum owned by this outfit has changed and the 'new' is not being received very well. I wonder if it's coming here?

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Any details on what forum and change ?

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's been changed to a new system (don't know what to call it, it's the program that's used to present the forum, I guess?)

https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/

one of the many that VerticalScope owns

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I'm a member of a Dodge Durango forum and it switch to the same format. HATE IT!!!!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
VTwin Forums moved to that platform also. Can't say that I like it much.

Worse, is that the local administration was not given any advanced training on it. And from a moderation stand point it is very different.

Now with that said, this forum runs on a newer software and my not require upgrading to be compliant with the laws that are in or soon to be in effect. As I understand it, the older software platforms were not compliant.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I am an Admin on a Frontier forum, they switched to that format as well. I have difficulties performing tasks that were simple in the past, and I have since stopped visiting on a regular format.

·
Registered
960 Posts
It's been changed to a new system (don't know what to call it, it's the program that's used to present the forum, I guess?)

https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/

one of the many that VerticalScope owns
Its kind of like "new math". Everyone seems to have a better idea to fix things that aren't broken. I took a look at this site. Thanks for the link. This thread was interesting"

https://www.goldwingfacts.com/threads/how-old-are-you.318655/

70+% of Gold Wing owners are 50+. Probably similar for Harley.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VTwin Forums moved to that platform also. Can't say that I like it much.

Worse, is that the local administration was not given any advanced training on it. And from a moderation stand point it is very different.

Now with that said, this forum runs on a newer software and my not require upgrading to be compliant with the laws that are in or soon to be in effect. As I understand it, the older software platforms were not compliant.
The Goldwingfacts forum went through the same growing pains that this forum went through (back last year?). Just wondering if this one may be next?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
The Goldwingfacts forum went through the same growing pains that this forum went through (back last year?). Just wondering if this one may be next?
I have no idea. Vtwin was running on a really dated platform. And while the change was perhaps handled poorly, as I understand it, the only other option was to take it down.

Now with that said, I'm sure the cost of the change had a lot to do with it. Online forums are not the cash cows some people think they are. Past that, there are a lot of privacy requirements that have to be met, with more on the way.

I have to say that the switch to complex passwords caused more member issues than the new forum software did. But they should have schooled up the moderators before the roll out, and they should have included them in the product roll out discussions. Things disappeared that are needed. Things that sometimes need to be done are no longer available.

But, there is less functional forum software out there, so it can always get worse.

·
Administrator
737 Posts
While there are some ongoing growing pains there are also ongoing developments and updates, regular improvements both front-facing and not. The process is still in relatively early days.

Kyle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts