Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed new Vindikta 12” bars on 2012 FLTRX. Depinned wires installed 4” Namz extensions repinned. Replaced Stock TBW (green plug) with CVO TBW. Plugged everything back together (speedo/tach, headlights).

Turn on ignition all lights and radio turn on. THEN 2-3 seconds the blinkers flash back and forth going into alarm mode and siren starts going off. The only way to stop is to remove main fuse.

I have checked that I have put wires in correctly into connectors 5 times. 3 times when I repinned the connectors and twice now that I have installed the bars on the bike.

What would be causing the alarm to go on? I guess I could start all over by depinning and removing wires from bars and start the process but thought someone might had run into this in the past.

Thanks for reading

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
685 Posts
Try working the problem backwards. Check everything else to see what does work (horn, turn-signals, kill switch, cruise, radio/volume/station/etc.), and that - by eliminating what it can't be - will narrow down what it could be crossed with ... Then focus on those wires.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
If all of the other electrical parts and pieces work, I'll bet that you failed to properly disarm the security system prior to disconnecting the battery (which I'm assuming that you did before you started working on the bars). If that is indeed the issue, and you set your security PIN code at some point during your ownership of the bike, you can reset the system using the PIN code.

From the Harley instructions;

Using the Security Alarm PIN Override to Start Your Harley Davidson (pre 2014)

1. Turn the IGN key to IGNITION and immediately hold both turn signal switches until 5 dashes appear in the odometer window

2. Enter the first digit of your PIN by pressing the LEFT turn signal switch (X) times

3. Press the RIGHT turn signal switch 1 time to move to the next digit

4. Enter the second digit of your PIN by pressing the LEFT turn signal switch (X) times

5. Press the RIGHT turn signal switch 1 time to move to the next digit

6. Enter the third digit of your PIN by pressing the LEFT turn signal switch (X) times

7. Press the RIGHT turn signal switch 1 time to move to the next digit

8. Enter the forth digit of your PIN by pressing the LEFT turn signal switch (X) times

9. Press the RIGHT turn signal switch 1 time to move to the next digit

10. Enter the fifth digit of your PIN by pressing the LEFT turn signal switch (X) times

11. Press the RIGHT turn signal switch 1 time to move to the next digit

12. Press the RIGHT turn signal switch 1 time and the security system alarm is turned off.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys. Here is an update...... I had a U1040 code that I cleared and that solved the alarm issue. Bike starts now but am throwing some TGS codes. I think I crossed the TBW wires when putting the pins back in connector. The issue is I switched to the CVO TBW and there is no wiring diagram that came with the TBW and there are 2 red, 2 black and 2 white wires. 1 each color in the yellow sleeve and black sleeve for those that have switched to the CVO TBW will know what I mean. Does anyone with the CVO TBW have the way the pins go into the connector under the fairing? That is what I have to check.

·
Super Moderator
2,870 Posts
Thanks for the help guys. Here is an update...... I had a U1040 code that I cleared and that solved the alarm issue. Bike starts now but am throwing some TGS codes. I think I crossed the TBW wires when putting the pins back in connector. The issue is I switched to the CVO TBW and there is no wiring diagram that came with the TBW and there are 2 red, 2 black and 2 white wires. 1 each color in the yellow sleeve and black sleeve for those that have switched to the CVO TBW will know what I mean. Does anyone with the CVO TBW have the way the pins go into the connector under the fairing? That is what I have to check.

Troy and I will be doing the bars on my CVO this weekend, Bill. I'll try to remember to note the wiring and relay the info to you.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Troy and I will be doing the bars on my CVO this weekend, Bill. I'll try to remember to note the wiring and relay the info to you.
Thanks Ron, But I got this issue resolved. What bars are you going with?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
question for you, since I will probably be pulling wires this weekend, do you pull the tbw and control wires at the same time or one group at a time, I got my bars from freaky and they have some nasty bends in them, not sure what brand they are.

·
Super Moderator
2,870 Posts
question for you, since I will probably be pulling wires this weekend, do you pull the tbw and control wires at the same time or one group at a time, I got my bars from freaky and they have some nasty bends in them, not sure what brand they are.
If you haven't already taken care of this, definitely pull both right side wire bundles at the same time. Good luck, if you haven't already done the new bars. Always a fun exercise. :eek:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
If you haven't already taken care of this, definitely pull both right side wire bundles at the same time. Good luck, if you haven't already done the new bars. Always a fun exercise. :eek:
I'm 90% done with the job, I wound up pulling the wires separately, I ran 2 pull lines, one through the end of the bars and one through the throttle wire hole....mine are jaffe bars and there was no way they were going through together. I stripped the plastic off of the throttle wires and rewrapped with shrink tubing to make the bundle tighter also. Clutch side was a breeze but did it twice because I'm a dumbass and ran the wires through the bar end not the hole for the perch....ooops! d

1 - 12 of 12 Posts