Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

need some help, to confirm if I have a problem and some help to resolve, if I do.

I changed the clutch cable on a 2012 rgu, to accommodate new bars, all seemed to go fine, replaced oil, cable, adjusted cable, but was surprised that I couldn't move bike in gear with clutch pulled in.

I've read where this isn't an issue and is expected, but seem to think that prior ot cable change I could move bike while off and and in gear with clutch...so was thinking I had a clutch problem.

Before putting everything back together again + exhaust, can anyone tell if this is the case? Should I expect to be able to move the bike, engine off, in gear, clutch pulled in?

All feels, engine does turn over and start, it did creep on me a little but did not run away.

thanks!

·
Registered
152 Posts
If you're certain the ramps are engaging probably, I'd loosen the clutch and clutch cable and readjust per the Factory specs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just did my bars and adjusted the new clutch cable (not hydraulic) on my 13 SG. Swagged it based on feel while in the garage. After the first couple of 'technical' runs to make sure the brakes worked, etc. I've had to adjust the clutch twice. Adding a bit more of a right hand turn (righty tighty, lefty Lucy) in order to adjust where the clutch engages. If you want the clutch to not 'drag" the bike with the grip fully engaged, you'll need about a full turn or two. Ride it and adjust to feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts