Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put on some yaffe 14 apes.I fired it up and checked all my functions.The switches on both sides worked fine.I just had fired it up ,,,,,it was idling then just died.When i go to crank it the ignition comes on in the right spot the icon on the speedo does not and i do not hear the fuel injection turn on ........................any ideas

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
green connector is totally gone.It fired right up and idled for about 4 min then died.The red key keeps flashing on the speedo.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I would start with fuses as well. If that is not an issue, most likely it is a connection. Check the connectors and unfortunately if those are good, you might have to check the wires. :(

·
Registered
334 Posts
If the red key is flashing, that means there is a code thrown. Check the codes, it might help you narrow it down.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Agreed, if there is a ground somewhere with the connections or wires. You will pop a fuse and it won't prime/turn over. Other things will work, cause they run off different fuses. I had the same issue with my bars cause the insulation around the wires INSIDE the bars was rubbing. It was a nightmare.

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it turned out that i pinched a wire in the switch housing when going back together...................all good now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts