Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my rear brake arm last night with an extended one and now have almost no rear brake. It goes all the way down and just barley slows.

All I did was remove the clevis pin and slide the new arm on and then put the pin back on. It was very easy.

Please advise ASAP.

Thanks

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Put the old one back on and seems to be ok. This one is about 2" longer so I guess it cannot go down far enough. I have a call into Legends to see what is up but now going for a ride.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
compare the hole locations of both arms. (where it slides over the shaft & clevis pin) Please let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
compare the hole locations of both arms. (where it slides over the shaft & clevis pin) Please let us know what you find out.
I did not do this since I needed to hurry because I had a ride to lead today but I will let you know what Legends/Bubbas has to say about this. This could have been catastrophic for someone that just slapped it on and took off thinking everything was ok.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Sometimes change is not good! Then longer the brake arm the longer the travel. Guest those HD engineers know what their doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts