Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a deal on some used Italian leather "Moto Guzzi" branded panniers. They came off the previous model V7 which had straight pipes instead of upswept pipes so I had to get creative with mounting them on my bike. The previous model also had a different angle in the shocks.

I tried to strike a balance between the line of the shocks, the plate holder/taillight, the seat, and needed to keep the heat of the exhaust away.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

I think they came put pretty good and now I don't have to wear a backpack during the warmer weather.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Plant Land vehicle Sky

That last photo really makes the bike look stretched out compared to the cafe seat with no rack or bags.
Not sure if a six pack will fit without separating the cans/bottles, but I can confirm that 750 ml bottles fit well.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
View attachment 440942
Is that TN 116? Looks like it. Beautiful road, and bike..
Just some random street where I live. :)

I have ridden the Devil's Triangle many times on different bikes. It can be sketchy at times when the logging and other trucks are running it.

I'm in Lincoln County, TN

·
Registered
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
1,707 Posts
Ever ride a Husky TR650 Terra? Toying with the idea of getting one. Peppier than a DR-Z 400 and liquid cooled over a DR650.

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
The bags make the Guzzi look bigger. I bet they really come in handy too.
Looks good .

Reactions: twowheeladdict

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ever ride a Husky TR650 Terra? Toying with the idea of getting one. Peppier than a DR-Z 400 and liquid cooled over a DR650.
No husky dealer near me.

Looking at this bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Aprilia Tuareg 660, nice! The used market seems to freeze at 4500, regardless of year/mileage, seems odd to me.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Aprilia Tuareg 660, nice! The used market seems to freeze at 4500, regardless of year/mileage, seems odd to me.
I know people paying the same for a 20 year old bike today as I paid for a two year old bike in 2019. Used market is ridiculous unless you are getting out of riding.

I haven't decided on the Aprilia yet. It may be too offroad biased for what I think I want to do.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
That Husky ia a 2014 w/8500mi for 4700. No Aprilia dealers around here.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Take a chance, or find a Husky forum and see what they are saying about them.
I like what I'm reading based on reviews when it came out compared to the competition. They only made that model 2yrs, that could be bad for parts/support but it uses a shared BMW G650GS engine(tweaked a little more).

Review

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like what I'm reading based on reviews when it came out compared to the competition. They only made that model 2yrs, that could be bad for parts/support but it uses a shared BMW G650GS engine(tweaked a little more).

Review
Now your making me wish there was a Husky presence in my area.

Sounds like a capable machine. The brand being sold to different companies may make some things difficult to get, but as long as consumables are readily available online and you don't wreck it you should be good to go.
I would rather have a BMW based Husky than a KTM based one.

My '08 KLR couldn't have been modified anymore than what the previous owner did to it so I was definitely spoiled on that bike. So much so that the thought of buying a new one and adding all that cost puts me into the Aprilia $$.

I was about to apologize to the OP for taking this thread off track, and then realized I am the OP! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Review
Did you go check it out?
Rode this amazing machine today.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle

I followed it on a gnarly farm road and I could barely see the taillight move up and down. It was like it was floating over the ground while the suspension kept the tires in contact with the road.

Then I rode it down that same road and it was so effortless to ride. Absolutely neutral handling. Good balance of power, suspension, handling, weight, and tech.
Not sure how comfortable the seat would be for distance riding, but I really enjoyed the ride.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
No, it's 3hrs away in SE Ohio and I'm on- call this weekend. Trying to figure of it's worth the trip. I think the KLR650 and DR650 would be too mild/tame plus air cooled. The other option is a DR-Z 400.

That is a sweet looking machine. Looks.like it would ride nice with the latest tech. Has a Dakar appearance about it, like a Tenere 700.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts