Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Knowing Harley, I am betting new colors. No fact or rumors, just experience. (Referring to the roadglide)

·
Registered
38 Posts
My local dealer owner said I could expect a RGU at least. He wasn't 100% sure but was pretty confident. No info on air or H2O cooled.

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
No one knows for sure not even the dealers but I wouldn't expect too much of a change.
Th MOCO may come out with a RGU which would make sense but the only sure thing is there will be color changes which is normal for year model changes.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
the only sure thing is there will be color changes

1/2 of which will be ugly as hell.......

I think there's a dealer meeting this month, hoping JUST MAYBE there will be a mid-year RGU release??? Been known to happen before.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
113th Anniversary paint!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well I certainly wouldn't mind some more color options. Although after seeing the sorry I forget what they are calling it but it is like an orange metallic in person its pretty damn nice.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Agree with the paint color schemes. When I bought my 15, I couldn't believe the color selections. I ended up with the Black Denim, which I'm not too big on, and I am already contemplating a new paint job for my next winter project. I guess I couldn't wait for a color I really liked...

·
Registered
37 Posts
IF I hold out for a 16 it will be mostly because of the color availability. Can't fall in love with the two choices on the Special, and I tried real hard. If they had offered the same colors as the standard RG, there already would be one in my toy box... If I can't hold out, I'll probably go with another black one and get a little custom touches done to it..

·
Registered
126 Posts
2016 CVo colors

Sure hope HD comes back with the CVO RG Custom in electric orange and vivid black combo. Lately the CVO colors look as though they have been chosen by Stevie Wonder. Horrible choices. Harley needs to get back to some of their retro colors if they want their sales to go up.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I ran into a guy that used to work at the York assembly plant. He didn't know about a RGU, but he said that EITHER in 2016 OR 2017 they were going to stretch the frames a little and put a bigger motor in. Take that for what it's worth.

·
Registered
454 Posts
If you read the CARB report on the Forum you'll find no Ultras for the Road Glide. It looks like all you'll get is new paint this year. They really need to drop the "Special" moniker! There is a new California certified 120 engine but anything with California certification will suck and need additional work to get it's full potential. HD is kind of backed itself into a corner I think. With 110s being CVO fare they are reluctant to bump their standard models to it because of fear of not only pissing those owners off but driving values down on those bikes.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'm holding out for an Ultra. I would probably already have one if a RGU was available other than the CVO. It would be nice if they would get a little more realistic with their prices as well. MOCO is pricing themselves out of the market IMO. Maybe if no ultra for 16 I can find a good deal on a left over 15.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Weren't the CVO models once a 103 when the regular bikes were 96? Maybe they'll do 120 in the CVO's and 110 in the regular bikes?

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Weren't the CVO models once a 103 when the regular bikes were 96? Maybe they'll do 120 in the CVO's and 110 in the regular bikes?
This would be my guess. Actually, the CVOs were 103 when the standard was 88", I think the 110 came along when the others went 96 and 103.

Looking more and more like there won't be a RGU in '16, and now that I've seen what they've done with the Batwing Ultras it's have to be a Limited to be up to snuff anyway.

My money went to the '15 CVO and so far I'm happy.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
If i'm not mistaking the CVO's started out as 95 inch then went 110 correct me if i'm wrong.

·
Registered
853 Posts
well I certainly wouldn't mind some more color options. Although after seeing the sorry I forget what they are calling it but it is like an orange metallic in person its pretty damn nice.
Amber Whisky.......and yeah.....it is!:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts