Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to do bag lid speakers and front speakers. What's the best kit to go with?? Any info would be great!!

·
Registered
8,828 Posts
I'm biased when it comes to my sounds.
I will only use Hawg Wired's Stereo Equipment on my Roadglide.
I have their 6 Pack and their DX574-70 5x7 Speakers in my Harley OEM Speaker Lids.
Thinking of picking up another RS400 Amplifier.
If I decide to put Speakers in my inner Fairing I will definitely use Hawg Wired.
Their equipment is made for Motorcycles by those who ride Motorcycles.
I know others will chime in on what they have but I am very happy with all the products from Hawg Wired as well as their stellar Customer Service.
If you decide to go this route be sure to call Frank Drago he's a dealer for HW and a Forum Sponsor. He'll give you the best price for sure.
Best of luck.
Mike U.

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
I'm going with a set of 6x9 lids and a set of polks. Welcome from CT

·
Registered
337 Posts
I went with Hog Tune lids, RF 6X9 in the lids, RF amp and fronts speakers.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
First welcome to the forum. If you are looking for parking lot sound put the speaker lids on, but they will not benefit you much going down the road, if you are looking for better sound while running down the road, look at the inner fairing speaker mod.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
Changes

Welcome to the forum

·
Administrator
12,659 Posts
Welcome to the forum. When you ask for the "best", that's going to be an opinion. What exactly do you want, the loudest, cheapest, most bass, how many speakers, how many amps, plug and play, etc? As mentioned above, saddle bag speakers are great......up to about 40mph then it's mostly in the wind or for the passenger. Personally I refuse to give up more space in my bags, even though I have speakers there, I refuse to put an amp in my bags, I went Hawgwired because I can fit 4 amps and 4 speakers in my fairing. There are other amps that would work also, but none that I know of that can be adjusted remotely, plus I've had very good service from HW and they are made in USA, but that's just my preference. :)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Hello and welcome. I don't run bag speakers. I do have lowers with speakers. I went with all biketronics speakers and amp. 7.1 in the fairing and 6.5 in the lowers with a 4180 amp. Sounds great going down the road. You will get lots of answers on stereo set up's. Not saying it's the best but it works for me and life time warranty. Ride safe

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I have heard great things about HW stuff. I do not have their amps or apeakers but I do have their adapters and grills. Excellent quality.

As for lids, I can't say enough about my Hogtunes 6x9 lids. Excellent fit.

Speaker wise, I have Hertz all around (HSK165XL's, HCX165's, and a set of HCX690's). They aren't hooked up but I'm sure it'll sound great.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Welcome to the forum. When you ask for the "best", that's going to be an opinion.
+1 on Hawg Wired. (Frank at Drago's has great prices on HW)
I debated Saddlebag speakers. I do a lot of multi-day trips so I choose to keep as much saddlebag space as I can. At highway speeds, the rear speakers are tougher to hear. You will get more from the front speakers.

Again, the toughest part of audio is, its all a matter of opinion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts