Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Road Glide Ultra in Merlot Sunglo. I love the color but the factory pinstripe is awful! I have been talking to my painter and he says to change the color of the stripe is a big job because it's a sticker that HD cleared over…

Looking for ideas… cost to change the stripe doesn't make sense… could paint to whole bike for a little more.

Was hopping to find a less costly way to accomplish this… help!! =)

Thanks

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I have a 2011 Road Glide Ultra in Merlot Sunglo. I love the color but the factory pinstripe is awful! I have been talking to my painter and he says to change the color of the stripe is a big job because it's a sticker that HD cleared over…

Looking for ideas… cost to change the stripe doesn't make sense… could paint to whole bike for a little more.

Was hopping to find a less costly way to accomplish this… help!! =)

Thanks
PM JayKS......I think he did some work to just his factory ultra striping? Not sure if he had to re-clear all parts or not?????

Welcome to the group form Virginia BTW!!!!!

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I, personally, hated the blue pin striping on my Factory Black '09.
So, what I did was go down to the local Pep Boys and bought the Red Pin Strip rolls.
I bought several rolls so I had extra for mistakes and for repairs.

Now the stripes are not "Show Quality". But it looks so much better.
And makes mine have a different look. Plus it is a lot less money in my pocket.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
I have a 11 Sedona Orange & I want to add some color to my stripes. I'm going to get another color added, at a friends pin striping shop. He'll just pin stripe over the clear. Not a problem for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I, personally, hated the blue pin striping on my Factory Black '09.
So, what I did was go down to the local Pep Boys and bought the Red Pin Strip rolls.
I bought several rolls so I had extra for mistakes and for repairs.

Now the stripes are not "Show Quality". But it looks so much better.
And makes mine have a different look. Plus it is a lot less money in my pocket.
I have thought about doing the same thing… might give it a try!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 11 Sedona Orange & I want to add some color to my stripes. I'm going to get another color added, at a friends pin striping shop. He'll just pin stripe over the clear. Not a problem for me.
I had pin stripes put on my old bike over the clear… held up for 6 years until I sold the bike.

·
Registered
633 Posts
factory pin stripe

i ride 2011 fltru,blk,agreed the stripes are drab.i used the striping paint with hardner.if you don't have a steady hand mask it.the only part that is a pain is tank.hold striping brush & rest finger on surface.mine have 14200 miles on them as of last sun.went to arizona for some warm stuff.back to stripes, i didn't clear/if it start to chip then i will repaint.don't like black anyway...diesel5

·
Registered
462 Posts
Same PIA with my '08. Decided it had to go but that did require sanding, prep, paint, airbrush and clear coat to correct. Worth every penny. Post pics so the Tank can enjoy. Good luck.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts