Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I heard there is a way to drain and REFILL the fork oil thru the drain plug on the bottom of the fork tubes. Has anybody used this SIPHON method before? Can you direct me to a tutorial or video that shows how its done and what kind of tool is needed?

As always, any help would be greatly appreciated. I cant afford to pay the STEALERSHIP for 4 hours of labor every time I wanna do this.......

·
Registered
102 Posts
Bite the bullet and pop in a set of Progressive Monotubes.... not only do they work great but you wont need to service the forks again. I got a set off Ebay for $245 and installed them myself in about 2 hours. (3 hours if you count figuring how the fairing comes off and goes back on)

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Hey guys, I heard there is a way to drain and REFILL the fork oil thru the drain plug on the bottom of the fork tubes. Has anybody used this SIPHON method before? Can you direct me to a tutorial or video that shows how its done and what kind of tool is needed?

As always, any help would be greatly appreciated. I cant afford to pay the STEALERSHIP for 4 hours of labor every time I wanna do this.......
The service intervel is like 50,000 miles before you change the oil. Even then 4 hours is a bit much. Take the covers off around the steering head, remove the cap, and refill from there. Heck I changed out my lowers to chrome ones in less than that amount of time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts