Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been staring at my white faced gauges and it's been driving me nuts. Most of the bike is black. So i finally dropped a line to Gravestarr Customs and ordered a set of black faceplates. Should be here Monday. I'm gonna send them out with my speedo and tach to get the blue led treatment and faceplates changed out. Cheap alternative.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just gotta get rid of the white.:mad:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Very nice, the Blue LED is being done by what company? I dig the black face plate. I did not see them on the site though

·
Registered
148 Posts
I like the idea of changing the face plates. I already had Marty do the color change. Wonder how difficult it is to replace the face plates and get the needles back where they belong.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
I like the idea of changing the face plates. I already had Marty do the color change. Wonder how difficult it is to replace the face plates and get the needles back where they belong.
Shouldn't be too hard. Those gauges are electronically driven as opposed to cable driven. Which means when there is no power to the gauges, they reset to zero which should be the "rest" position of the little electric motor spinning the needle.
I've changed many of those little "stepper" motors on more than one instrument cluster on a few avalanches and never had an issue with the gauges being off by more than 1 mph.
Should be the same principle. Reference voltage going to a stepper motor to spin the needle.

Torqu,,, Gonna look great on your bike. Make sure to post up some pix when finished.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Those look cool. I took the easy way out and traded gauges with an Ultra that are already black faced.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I hit this guy up as well for some new gauges. Just about to pull the trigger and he sent me this email.

"I must let you know that these do not light like stock. They will light all across the face. Some people are not wanting that so I must let you know before I make them that you understand this."

I'm waiting to hear back on an explanation of what he states. Was hoping for a pic or two. He has some good designs, just a little hesitant from the last email here.

·
Registered
331 Posts
faceplates

I hit this guy up as well for some new gauges. Just about to pull the trigger and he sent me this email.

"I must let you know that these do not light like stock. They will light all across the face. Some people are not wanting that so I must let you know before I make them that you understand this."

I'm waiting to hear back on an explanation of what he states. Was hoping for a pic or two. He has some good designs, just a little hesitant from the last email here.
I had marty do mv gravistar led/faceplate changes to red with I think windskull design. I was verry happy with thier work. The gauges on the spedo and tach are a little low on iluminitation on the bottom of the gague but does not affect vision of the gague. Also the COOL factor for the price of the mod is great! I cant see 6th. gear indicator light during the day but its not a big deal. I would do it again if my wife ever lets me build another scoot. Road Glide Rabies is NOT a curable desiese!!! PM me a email add. and I can send picts. Having trouble posting picts. on the fourm.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts