Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 CVO RGU and have since removed the tour pack and don't use it very often. I put the amp in the saddlebag and it takes up a lot of space. Being a CVO this bike came with the HK head unit with CB, Intercom, SAT, iPod modules and I added JM Rocker speakers. I want better sound quality the stock amp is 40w per channel, not much.

I just ordered from Biketronics...

Sony DSX-310BTX head unit
Titan BT2180 360w amp
Titan 6.5 speakers
Retro install kit

I have a set of Polk Audio DB6501 speakers that have been sitting around. Do Ya'll think the polks will sound better than the Titans?

Got a GREAT price on the setup so had to pull the trigger!!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I have never heard the Titans, but I have the Polks and I think they sound great. I am running them off of that Sony head unit without an amp and they sound really good.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
If you already have Rokker speakers why not try their 500w amp. You will be amazed at 125w a channel can do with those speakers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you already have Rokker speakers why not try their 500w amp. You will be amazed at 125w a channel can do with those speakers.
I could not beat the price I got on the package deal.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you change out the stereo won't you lose the intercom and CB function?
Yep sure will, but I don't use either function. I put a sony unit and amp in a buddy's bike and the sound quality was amazing even at highway speeds. I agree, you think with as much money as we spend on these bikes Harley could do a better job than Boom Audio on these bikes!!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Talking CVO here-- the stock 11/12 RG system sucks but gotta say the stock 12 SG and 13 RK/RG systems are pretty damn good.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Talking CVO here-- the stock 11/12 RG system sucks but gotta say the stock 12 SG and 13 RK/RG systems are pretty damn good.
The boom audio system is better than the stock HK setup but not that much better. I just installed a sony head unit with a 200w jm amp in a buddies RG and the sound quality and volume was soooo much better it was amazing!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
The boom audio system is better than the stock HK setup but not that much better. I just installed a sony head unit with a 200w jm amp in a buddies RG and the sound quality and volume was soooo much better it was amazing!
I hear ya. I have the HW 200W amp running to set of focals in my 12 CVO RG and you are correct. Night and day. I also have an Alpine head unit. I was saying the stock CVO set ups on the 12 Street Glides and 13 Road Glide/Road King are pretty damn good (of course they have saddlebags speakers and/or lower fairing speakers so not apples to apples with our Road Glides but they are stock configurations on those particular bikes). Stock doesn't always suck...

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I have a 2011 CVO RGU and have since removed the tour pack and don't use it very often. I put the amp in the saddlebag and it takes up a lot of space. Being a CVO this bike came with the HK head unit with CB, Intercom, SAT, iPod modules and I added JM Rocker speakers. I want better sound quality the stock amp is 40w per channel, not much.

I just ordered from Biketronics...

Sony DSX-310BTX head unit
Titan BT2180 360w amp
Titan 6.5 speakers
Retro install kit

I have a set of Polk Audio DB6501 speakers that have been sitting around. Do Ya'll think the polks will sound better than the Titans?

Got a GREAT price on the setup so had to pull the trigger!!
I think you'll be quite satisfied w/ur purchase, cause it'll be a Hell of alot better than stock.
Just dont go to any bike functions, where ya 'MIGHT?' here sumthing more to what ur liking!
LOL

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think you'll be quite satisfied w/ur purchase, cause it'll be a Hell of alot better than stock.
Just dont go to any bike functions, where ya 'MIGHT?' here sumthing more to what ur liking!
LOL
It's never ending, put what you think is the best in then 6 months later see something better. Sell the stuff you bought at a loss, rinse, lather, repeat!!

Well it keeps me busy anyways!!

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
It's never ending, put what you think is the best in then 6 months later see something better. Sell the stuff you bought at a loss, rinse, lather, repeat!!

The cycle of life of a owner of a Bagger..

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
LOL, mr neanov is tearing out his 126db rig to "make improvements"

rolling eyes at home

(( this is all so you can hear him entering your township 1/8th of a mile sooner ))

which is good, because if you heard his stereo, you'de want one

yeah, if I had a grand right now to spend on audio, I'd be utilizing
hawg wireds 25% off sale

my next one $K is going toward basics

but understand, biketronics direct sales can drive a hard bargain

HATs are good Sony is good, those micro amps are good also

well heck, it's all good

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
speaking of functions, do you have the new lids and bars up yet?
I'm wanting to Paint this year too!
Been trying to draw up , x-actly what I want, so my Painter can charge me , MORE MONEY!!!

Nutn wrong w/Biketronics!
Faceracer features all Biketronic Products.
He is a Member here on the 4/m.
Look him up and I'm sure he answer any doubt or question that u've got about there product.
He has more than just one amp, under his Hood!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I know for me the bag lids were a huge deal, sound quality wise

and amps, 750w of well loved/hated Rockford DIY power. 2x300

Finally got the payoff listening to Sabbath

jim, whatcha color are you doing, or is it a surprise?
Whatcha Color!????
Flourescent Green and Flourescent Orange - Metallic!!!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts