Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 FLTRUSE. Stock tires are 18" bias ply. On the front tire I have lots of options besides the stock Dunlops. On the rear tire the only maker and style that meets the stock size is the Dunlop D407. I would love to get into the Metzeler 880's or Michelin Commander 2's. Or even the Dunlop American Elites. But none are available in the 180/55 B18 size.

So my question is, has anyone gone to a different size tire from a different maker without changing anything else? And how did that work out?

Thanks
DR

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have a 2011 FLTRUSE. Stock tires are 18" bias ply. On the front tire I have lots of options besides the stock Dunlops. On the rear tire the only maker and style that meets the stock size is the Dunlop D407. I would love to get into the Metzeler 880's or Michelin Commander 2's. Or even the Dunlop American Elites. But none are available in the 180/55 B18 size.

So my question is, has anyone gone to a different size tire from a different maker without changing anything else? And how did that work out?

Thanks

DR

Sorry, this is off the subject. How many miles did you get on your front tire?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts