Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here. Some have probably seen the v1 of my bike for sometime on other forums.

After it looking basically like this for the better part of 7 years, I decided to change things. I've always liked the Exile Choppers look, then when I saw Native Customs 180 front tire kit I knew what I wanted to do. The end result will be along the lines of what Exile might do with a bagger (not that they would ever do bagger stuff). No stretched bags, side covers, tank etc. Eventually it will get all the chrome engine parts powder coated to match the silver cases.

I got the Native 180 kit which included the front fender, fender spacers, lower fork sliders, and cut cow bells. I also got a rear fender from Native to accommodate the 180 rear tire I would be installing along with his front air ride kit. I already had Arnott air on the rear.

I got the wheels from Greg at Thomason Performance. The rest of the bike consists of:

103" kit with mostly Head Quarters parts. I swapped the HQ cams for a set of T-Man 590s. Makes 114/120
Soundstream stereo system: 4.520 amp, 6.5" front and 6x9's in Cycle Sounds lids
KW windshield
Stock seat re-worked by Mean City Cycles
Glass House Biker floorboard inserts, brake and shift pegs, highway pegs
Wild 1 12" Outlawz bars
Bassani Road Rage exhaust
Probably other stuff I'm forgetting.

Here's some pics. I've got more on my phone I need to upload.

More pics to follow

Zach

·
Super Moderator
2,872 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and that's one radical look. Russell would be proud! Am I seeing only a right side bag and no left side?

·
Super Moderator
12,336 Posts
Welcome to the forum, love the low wide look, would love to know the details.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those first set of pics were done as I was mocking everything up. I didn't have the left bag on at the time. Still needed to sort out wheel spacers, pulley alignment, etc.

These next pics are as it sits today. Paint is going to be a satin black. I just think that goes great with this theme I'm trying to accomplish. I should also add, everything has been done by me in my garage.

Here's a short video of the air system.

Zach

·
Super Moderator
12,336 Posts
Well in that case, you can come play in my garage...... :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome from West Tennessee...... Look great! Never seen the Fat Look, I like it!:D

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Welcome from Daytona Beach. Looks like it would ride pretty good.:D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys.

It rides pretty good. All of those pictures are with the air dumped. Once I air up the front and rear it sits 1" lower than a stock bike. The air up front is a pretty smooth ride. The Arnott's on the back are pretty pressure sensitive. I'm still playing with what pressure gives the best ride.

Zach

·
Registered
564 Posts
That fat front looks freaking bad ass! Welcome to The Tank from Texas

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Welcome to the Forum scooter looks nice!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got all the body work back from paint. Started putting it back together last night. Hoping to knock out most of the rest tonight. Weekend looks like it will be wet, so I'm hoping to be able to ride at least once before then.

Zach

1 - 20 of 25 Posts