1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
I use a cheap car charger that plugs into the cig lighter to charge my phone. Theres really not much youll be able to do to keep it water proof unless you buy an extention for the pigtail for the battery tender plug and keep it in the saddlebag

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I use the HD one and it has a fuse. It hasn't failed me yet and it gotten at least 1000 miles of rain in the past 2 years.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
740 Posts
got a dual usb charger. I don't use it in the rain. Might get caught once in awhile but haven't had an issue is years.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I have the same one. I've been using it for over 30K miles and still works like new.
The only thing i would suggest is using dielectric grease. I dab some on the connections in the winter and it works fine all season long.

·
Registered
820 Posts
i mounted one of the 3br usb waterproof sockets in the right glove box and added a three usb extension that i got at radio shack now i have usb's for my phone and ipod and a spare in the glove box. it's hooked up to the assry. switch so i can turn it off or on.

http://www.3brpowersports.com/products.php

·
Registered
2,608 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
I bought this at Amazon - 2.1 amp version - and mounted it on the right side of the inner fairing.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
I put 12v power ports in each glove box and it is a great mod IMO. I made a wire harness that would plug into the cig lighter wiring. I can use any conventional or USB charger in the power ports.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I did this option as well but I mounted one in each glove box so I had choices in where to put things.. I also got mine on Amazon and I am thinking of removing one of the cigarette lighters from my truck & installing one in that as well.. Here is the link to the Amazon one..

I bought this at Amazon - 2.1 amp version - and mounted it on the right side of the inner fairing.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
I have my Battery Tender connector in between my seat and the left saddlebag. Got a power point with the Battery Tender plug, and throw my phone and the charger in the saddlebag. The cord is trapped between the bag and lid, and is still pretty much water tight.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts