Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I see a ton of people putting like 2 or 3 or even 4 amps in their RGC's...

The question is how many items drawing on the bike's stock alternator can you put in before you need to upgrade it?

I have 2 amps now in mine and was thinking about adding additional speakers to the lowers which could require another amp? or upgrading my 2 amps to larger ones (which would also draw more power....LOL)

Anyone?

·
Administrator
10,367 Posts
I'm not certain but I believe the stock alternator is around 55 amps , shud be able to put a bit of stuff to it , I don't know that there is an upgrade for the alternator

JtB

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Sparks

Kinda hard to tell from the web but the highoutput alternator is listed at 54 Amps and the site says the FLTRU comes stock with the ho alternator so not sure if this helps but lok around I'm sure there are more knowledgable folks on here.

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
Harley came out with a HO stator kit this year, also Cycle Electric has a HO kit. I'm running 4 amps ( Hawgwired 3 CS300s and 1 RS400), I haven't had any issues yet, except I know a lithium battery isn't up to the task, but if I do have an issue I'll look into upgrading, most likely from Cycle Electric.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info... I might be running the same amps. I have 2 CS300's now and am looking to add more but haven't looked into a bigger battery... I might have to check into that as well...

Mike.

Harley came out with a HO stator kit this year, also Cycle Electric has a HO kit. I'm running 4 amps ( Hawgwired 3 CS300s and 1 RS400), I haven't had any issues yet, except I know a lithium battery isn't up to the task, but if I do have an issue I'll look into upgrading, most likely from Cycle Electric.

Sent from my SPH-L710

1 - 5 of 5 Posts