Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting together my trip plans for the end of May and want to go to the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Does anyone know if they is designated motorcycle parking or where the best place to park a bike would be? Seats will be on the front stretch someplace. Parking map attched.

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Went to the AutoFair there yesterday. Was able to U turn (with Blue's permission) at the parking fee collection stop to double back and park right around the main entrance on a small paved terraced area. Other bikes were parked around the main entrance on the west side too. Not sure if its the same for race day, but a car probably couldn't drive around the utility pole to get to the terraced area.

·
Registered
406 Posts
they do have motorcycle parking, which is great.......but how soon do you want out of the joint.If you want to hang around a hour or so and try and get out park there. I have never been to Charlotte on a motorcycle. I have though been many times in the cage. I don't know where you are staying , but the secret to driving out of the track is as follows. First of all about 1 mile north of the speedway there are several homes on the Southbound side of Hwy 29. park at one of these homes for a fee of course. I know 1 mile seems like a long way ,but hey we all need the exercise right.At least after the race the walk is downhill. After the race the southbound inside lane of hwy 29 is used as a counter flow lane,in other words it flows north away from the speedway. You can ride right out of the yard you parked into the counter flow lane away from the speedway ,the counter flow lane will switch back over right before you get to Pitt School road. You can turn left on Pitt School road and that will take you back to interstate 85,or you can stay on this road and it will take you to Interstate 77 in the Lake Norman area.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Change in Plans...

Thanks everyone for the great information, but plans have now changed and the race at Charlotte Motor Speedway is not going to happen. Wife and I were talking about it last night and I almost passed out when, out of the blue, she says...

Why don’t you go to Shark Week instead ?”

So...

I’M GOING TO SHARK WEEK! :D

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Cool, you'll have a great time.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts