Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find a holder for my water bottle/coffee mug that I liked so I just made one myself. I think it turned out pretty well.

[/URL][/IMG]

I bought an Outdoor Research drink holder online. Its the type made for backpacking, etc. Velcro onto a belt or backpack strap. Then I cut a piece of 3mm ABS to fit inside to hold it round. Finally I grabbed some 2" Velcro to mount to my saddle bag. I haven't tried it out, and I might find that the velcro isn't strong enough to hold the weight at the angle, but I used a similar setup on my GSA and it worked perfectly. Check it out!

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
447 Posts
I like it!!
Better patent it now.:D
Make a few million and retire.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Not bad at all. The lid should help a little too with the weight. If not there's always a way to thicken the part that's inside the bag so it won't come out from under lid. The velcro should work well with the Harley felt saddlebag liners.
Good idea, try it out and post the outcome

·
Registered
273 Posts
Looks good!

I've been racking my brain to come up with something similar for my wife to keep her water bottle in when we are on longer rides. We don't have the saddlebag crash bars and it seems like most bottle holders are made to stick to them.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Very nice. I'm always looking for places to hold my beer while I'm out riding. ??????????????????

·
Registered
700 Posts
If you're concerned about using Velcro look at 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners.

That stuff is strong.

Great idea by the way. I'm going to make one for the Yeti drink tumbler I just got for Father's Day.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Looks like you could hang it from the front engine guard bars, if you were really worried about the paint wearing.

Where do you get the 3mm ABS?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Because I am sticking the Velcro to the outside of the saddlebag, it shouldn't rub. It'll just be like a sticker on the paint.

I work in an industry where we use ABS a lot, so I had some scrap. That company I buy it from is called Calsak Plastics. If there is a TAP Plastics in your area, you might find it there. Otherwise, just about any sign shop would be able to get you a small piece. I think I cut it to 6.25 x 13.5, or something like that. If a sign shop doesn't have ABS, they would have styrene or something similar. Your just looking for something water resistant and flexible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts