Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find a holder for my water bottle/coffee mug that I liked so I just made one myself. I think it turned out pretty well.

[/URL][/IMG]

I bought an Outdoor Research drink holder online. Its the type made for backpacking, etc. Velcro onto a belt or backpack strap. Then I cut a piece of 3mm ABS to fit inside to hold it round. Finally I grabbed some 2" Velcro to mount to my saddle bag. I haven't tried it out, and I might find that the velcro isn't strong enough to hold the weight at the angle, but I used a similar setup on my GSA and it worked perfectly. Check it out!

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Because I am sticking the Velcro to the outside of the saddlebag, it shouldn't rub. It'll just be like a sticker on the paint.

I work in an industry where we use ABS a lot, so I had some scrap. That company I buy it from is called Calsak Plastics. If there is a TAP Plastics in your area, you might find it there. Otherwise, just about any sign shop would be able to get you a small piece. I think I cut it to 6.25 x 13.5, or something like that. If a sign shop doesn't have ABS, they would have styrene or something similar. Your just looking for something water resistant and flexible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.