Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bezel that goes around my speedo and tach is sun faded. Not the inner fairing, just that one bezel.

I think I read an old thread about some John Deer paint being a match to the flat black you see on the inner fairing.

Can anyone confirm this? Or is there another easy, cheap spray paint that is a match to the stock flat black of our inner fairing? Its such a small part I'd hate to have a shop do it...

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
and if you instead wanted to buy the replacement part, it runs $47 at msrp. so i wouldn't spend a lot of money painting it. the jd blitz black would be the ticket for me.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unless someone had a stock one to sell used, I Think ill try painting it first. I should have less than $10 invested in paint, and I have an old 12" KW windshield someone gave me and they painted it black, I may respray that if I already have the paint.

Now does the JD Blitz match the inner fairing color or the Denim black though? I may be mistaken, but isn't the inner fairing not denim black? Think it would look ok if I painted that bezel denim black but not the rest of the inner fairing?

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
Unless someone had a stock one to sell used, I Think ill try painting it first. I should have less than $10 invested in paint, and I have an old 12" KW windshield someone gave me and they painted it black, I may respray that if I already have the paint.

Now does the JD Blitz match the inner fairing color or the Denim black though? I may be mistaken, but isn't the inner fairing not denim black? Think it would look ok if I painted that bezel denim black but not the rest of the inner fairing?
Can't tell you if it's a match to the inner fairing but it does match denim black. Find a denim black bike and see if the inner fairing matches the color

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never tried that plastidip stuff. Heard good things though.

I happen to know where there is a denim black bike (see sig haha) and the inner fairing is not as exact match to the bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts