Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to try this and save some cash. Every side dump I have seen is between$900-1350. I ddon't have that kinda cash at this time, so while searching threads on another forum I decided to give it a shot. Haven't had the time to hear it, cause the bike is still partially apart. I still have some powder coating to do. Total investment around 80 bucks. No baffle and kept the cat in place. $35.00 for the 3" 45* and $28.00 for the resonator tip. Side Dump for under $100. Tuning may be an issue I have no idea at thus time. Like I said, a couple of guys gave me the idea and I just used their advice.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fired her up today. Sounds pretty good. The resonator kinda makes it sound like a set of Rhineharts. Took a video but my mic picks up to many weird sounds. Not to loud but not quiet. Gets throaty when u get on the throttle. I'll try to post a video if I can figured it out. Not to smart with the technology stuff.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Changed up the tip. I bought a flowmaster tip from Jegs. 3in4 out. Sound a little . The resonator was cut off and new tip welded on.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Dropped the pipe off today. They are going to media blast it and coat the pipe & shields. Black ceramic. Quote $185.00 . So my total investment should be just under $300. Can't wait to see it ceramic coated. :D

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Jetman, just another window of opportunity for ya. I posted the price to give members an idea . This is the first time ceramic coating anything for me. Toefco is the name of the company, outta Niles Michigan.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.