Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
As I'm shocked at the prices on some of these exhaust...I'm gonna build another using a Martin Brothers 2 into 1 exhaust I scored on Craigslist. Some of these side dump pipes cost up to $1500. That's just crazy. So i found a 2 into 1 for $180 and decided to keep the head pipe and fab it up a bit.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Cut off about 5-6 inches of the pipes and turned the collector out a bit. Still gotta do some more trimming on the heat shields.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I've been talking to Sawicki Speed Shop.about making a custom muffler w/2.5" baffle. They make some killer one off pipes.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Where did you get the 45* and the resonator? I have a 2-1 factory header from a 2010 that is like to do the same thing to. Looking for ward to hearing the sound. I had the same plan to do the budget side dump but couldn't find the resonator/ muffler.

On a side note, if that's all that is modified on the bike, would you think id have an issue with no tuner and a bone stock AC? Im thinking no but am open to opinions.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Where did you get the 45* and the resonator? I have a 2-1 factory header from a 2010 that is like to do the same thing to. Looking for ward to hearing the sound. I had the same plan to do the budget side dump but couldn't find the resonator/ muffler.

On a side note, if that's all that is modified on the bike, would you think id have an issue with no tuner and a bone stock AC? Im thinking no but am open to opinions.
The black pipe has no resonator. I bought a 45 degree stainless 3" pc from Summit and the tip was a stainless Flowmaster tip. About $70 in parts and your time. Left the cat in. On my lasted pipe it has no cat. It utilizes a Cone Engineering muffler. I need to post a sound clip which I will do soon.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.