Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any suggestions for a company cheaper than progressive? I'm paying $1300 a year for my 18 road glide special, and $800 a year for my 14 wide glide. Hopefully there's something cheaper out there for me 馃槀

Registered
Give this one a shot. Markel is who I use and it gives me great service and price. Insurance is a weird thing. price is good for one person and not good for the next. Always good to shop around.

https://www.markelinsurance.com/motorcycle

Registered
I have had at Geico For Yrs,Have my Cars there also,I pay $500 a yr.$500 Deductable on a 2018 Road Glide Special.

Registered
Anybody have any suggestions for a company cheaper than progressive? I'm paying $1300 a year for my 18 road glide special, and $800 a year for my 14 wide glide. Hopefully there's something cheaper out there for me 馃槀
I received a quote from HD Insurance. Much cheaper, you are entered in a raffle for a $5,000 gift card if you get a quote. My current insurance policy has total replacement until the 2 year anniversary for my 2017 RGS (October 2018) that they could not offer. I will probably switch over at that time. I also have Progressive through USAA.

https://www.insurance.harley-davidson.com/discounts?source_cd=Email_051118_HD_Insurance&camp_id=16&CL_ID=2195732892&ext_tracking=ed91cc52acb58f54e74780bebe4bc4a4a6a7b6f01a763e84a37c4fdf60a66f6b

Registered
I pay less in a year through Progressive for all four of my bikes, full coverage, than you do for your RGS alone. Other factors involved?

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah the finance lady said to look into the HD insurance and how it was so much cheaper (go figure though) thanks guys!

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
The only factor I could see being an issue is my age. I've never had an accident or a speeding ticket before. Age is the only thing I can think that it might be

Registered
I received a quote from HD Insurance. Much cheaper, you are entered in a raffle for a $5,000 gift card if you get a quote. My current insurance policy has total replacement until the 2 year anniversary for my 2017 RGS (October 2018) that they could not offer. I will probably switch over at that time. I also have Progressive through USAA.

https://www.insurance.harley-davidson.com/discounts?source_cd=Email_051118_HD_Insurance&camp_id=16&CL_ID=2195732892&ext_tracking=ed91cc52acb58f54e74780bebe4bc4a4a6a7b6f01a763e84a37c4fdf60a66f6b
i've had progressive through hd since i first started riding back in 2002. and i've always gotten new bike replacement from them, 7 different bikes. never had to use it :D.

i've gotten quotes from progressive direct, progressive through usaa, and from other companies as well. none have come close to what i pay through hd.

there are a few things that you can do to reduce your rate. first, you've got disappearing deductible. so raise that. each year it drops 25%, so i've got it set for $1000, but right now it is zero. now, if i make a claim, it'll jump back up to $1000 on renewal, but i'm good for now.

also, if you pay your premium in full, you get a discount. now, i don't like to lay out that kind of money at one time if i don't have to, so i pay through paypal. if you have paypal credit, you pay your premium in full, receiving the discount, and then paypal gives you 6 months to pay with no interest. works for me.

also, take a realistic look at your accessory coverage. they give you $3000 gratis up front. on my cvo, that's plenty. but on the wife's bike, i had to up it to $10,000. and that will bump up your rate some as well.

Registered
$500 per/yr New RKU

I use progressive and pay $500 per/yr. you problem is probably uninsured motorist coverage, which bumps it 40% or so and is completely unneccessory. drop uninsured motorist and your rates will be fine.

Registered
1300 is really a big amount for an insurance. 300-500 dollars a year is just fair but it should include important inclusions too.

Registered
I have Dairyland and pay about $430 a year total for full coverage for my 2016 RGS and the wife鈥檚 Can Am Spyder F3. I keep a fairly high deductible at $1000 and that saves on the premium. People don鈥檛 realize it, but your credit rating has a big effect on your insurance premiums.

Registered
The only factor I could see being an issue is my age. I've never had an accident or a speeding ticket before. Age is the only thing I can think that it might be
You don't even want to know how little I pay for motorcycle insurance.

Company doesn't matter. You have to shop around. What is lowest for me might not be lowest for you. I have had to change companies almost every time I rotate bikes in or out of my stable.

There are so many factors that go into the insurance calculation.
credit score
traffic record
how many bikes
bundling with house and cars
Safety Training credit
education level
amount of coverage
deductibles
etc.

Registered
True.....but if you drop the uninsured motorist and they only have the mins...you are in big trouble...so yeah its cheaper...until someone takes you out and they are NOT insured..Or..they only carry the min amount.. uninsured motorist is for your benefit.... I know.. I was blasted from behind and was off almost 4 months from work and yes.. i had uninsured motorist and if I had not,,I would not have been able to replace my 2017 RGU shark with a 2018 RGU Shark... be blessed all

1 - 15 of 15 Posts