Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed new bars and heated grips and now the engine light is on. I have an 18 RGS. Does anyone know off hand what it might be or how to fix it? Thanks.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Normal if you didn't disconnect the battery first. Try disconnecting the battery for a min. If it comes back you may have a bad connection, cut wire, forgot to plug something in, or a chaffed wire.

Reactions: Turbo18

·
Registered
39 Posts
First reinstall the original bars, if the light goes out you know that the problem is.:grin:

Actually I remember this article FuelMoto to reset codes. If you did not disconnect the battery you might of tripped a code on accident. I would start with a resetting the codes.

Hope it helps.

Reactions: Turbo18

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Ill try disconnecting the battery and hope that solves it! Thanks guys.

You don't need to disconnect the battery. Just clear the codes. You should have pulled the main fuse before you disconnected the speedo and tach. That is the reason the check engine light is on because it threw some codes for that. Once you clear them the check engine light should stay off unless you have something wrong.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome! thank you very much. I'll give that a shot tonight. Really appreciate the info.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
You don't need to disconnect the battery. Just clear the codes. You should have pulled the main fuse before you disconnected the speedo and tach. That is the reason the check engine light is on because it threw some codes for that. Once you clear them the check engine light should stay off unless you have something wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
This is correct, I ran into the exact same thing after installing new bars after christmas. All you have to do is clear the codes and your issue is solved.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The fuelmoto page above tells you exactly what to do No big deal.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had the same issue & cleared the codes but they kept coming back. Look at what codes you are throwing, mine were codes pertaining to the
throttle by wire, I ended up replacing the TBW & rewiring my new bars throttle side & the codes went away.

Those little connectors are sensitive & I didn't want to screw with soldering the wires so just bought a new TBW it fixed the problem. Hopefully
you didn't Fck up the connector.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts