Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never had a problem with my 09 road Glide. Took it for a ride today and the check engine light came on and I couldn't accelerate. Had to coast to a stop and shut the engine off. Started it back up ,light cleared,and it ran normal. Then after about a half hour it did it again. Any help out there?

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Read the stickys in the troubleshooting section and you may find a solution to your problem. Learn how to find and clear DTC's may help you get the bike running and the TT418 service bulletin may give you a possible fix to your problem.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I retrieved the codes P 1511 and P2135. Somebody told me it might be a connector.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
As explained in the HD service bulletin TT418A the fix is the use of "Dielectric Grease" on the Throttle Control Actuator (TCA) plug that is located to the rear of the air cleaner. Your P1511 is the main code and the P2135 is the secondary code but niether one is the problem. Because the pins in the TCA plug lost the perfect connection the TCA failed to function properly and the bike went into limp mode. Read the TT418A bulletin in the stickys for all of the details and go to your HD and bring this bulletin to their attention and they should re-pin the TCA plug with the 2010 style pins at no cost to you. I have yet to do a pin replacement because the dielectric grease has been working well for me. HD put new style (gold plated) pins in the 2010 and later models to help eliminate the corrosion that occurs on the earlier style 08 & 09 style TCA pins.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Who needs the dealership techs ! This is the place to go to. .....love this place. Sometimes I think spending so much time on here make get me divorced ! Lmao

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Thanks. I will try the dielectric grease. Was there a recall on those pins?
No there was not a recall on the pins but when you bring the TT418A service bulletin to the attention of the HD service manager they should re-pin the TCA plug for free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts